BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Damn, here we go again!

Well, I have been telling myself that this time I was not going to make the same mistake I always do--ordering the new model before it even reaches the dealers. Instead, I would wait until the second year, so that they can correct the bugs, etc.

But hell, I can feel the resolve slipping already!

Don Goldberg

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm with you...

...already doing the math on unloading the K12. I llove my bike, but this thing sounds unreal!

A month ago, I was thinking, no reason to tech up to the 13 and I ws perfectly happy. Now this! Arghhh!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'll pass on the 1600, right now the complexity is on par with current automotive technology, which means anyone would be a fool not to get an extended warranty. I'm at the point now where I feel it's time to sell my K1200 and ride my Venom exclusively. I just feel the move to complex motorcycles is against the grain. I need my "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" and the new bike won't provide what I've been getting with 55 year old technology. YMMV

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
richr8 said:
...already doing the math on unloading the K12. I llove my bike, but this thing sounds unreal!

A month ago, I was thinking, no reason to tech up to the 13 and I ws perfectly happy. Now this! Arghhh!
BUT! Now aren't you GLAD you didn't bite on the 1300???

·
Registered
148 Posts
GillyWI said:
BUT! Now aren't you GLAD you didn't bite on the 1300???
I love my 1300!! Wouldn't surprise me if a year or two from now I'm VERY GLAD not to have traded down to a 1600!! Bwahhahahahahaha!!! :snowlaff:

·
Registered
259 Posts
FUGLY. I prefer the K12GT2, unless I add 25 years to my age, that would make me 50 BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts