BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, Many thanks to those who helped me with my spline lube debacle 4k miles ago. Just got home from 1200 mile trip on the tail end of which a new issue is starting to manifest its self:
I've noticed it in multiple gears 3,4 and 5. At highspeed 60-70 and rolling off the throttle on exit ramps.
The bike will buck and lose power momentarily. The feeling that comes to mind is when your tank is running empty and you get the stutter that tells you to switch to reserve.
The K75 doesn't have a reserve and these instances happened with moderate fuel levels. No backfiring, and the longest fit lasts maybe a minute. Bike will hesitate, jump back up to power, slow and jump back up to power. In these bouts I have tried easing off the throttle and opening throttle slightly more. It would seem as though its independent of the throttle although I could be missing an indication. I was really hoping that it had something to do with the cold temperatures outside, however the bike was warm in all situations. Any input is appreciated and let me know if you need further detail.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Very typical symptoms of vacuum leaks. Could be anywhere in the fuel intake but the fuel pressure regulator does run on Vacuum on them bikes. I think it is time to look at all the rubber bits/hoses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts