BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am getting on nicely with the slipping of the K75 engine into a little reliant fox car. (pics below)

I am looking for a few good heads to bounce some ideas off to do with the fuel system. Since I am not using the original k75 fuel tank or fuel pump, I need to supply fuel to the fuel rail with a universal electric fuel pump. I have read the haynes manual I downloaded for the bike and have read I need to supply a minimium of 2.5 bar (36 psi) to the rail and the BMW regulator releases at 4.7 bar (68 psi)

If i get one of these universal fuel injection pumps, will the regulator on the fuel rail take care of the fuel pressure or would it be recommend to fit a adjustable fuel pressure regulator??? I would rather ask people with more experience than risk blowing something up. :boom:

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Fuel pressure regulator controls the pressure to the injectors so as long as the pump is rated high enough the you will have no problem. Within reason, if you put a super high output pump for a muscle car, the FPR will not be happy.

K-tech pages list the Napa 2P74095 as a nearly direct rated pump, its a lot smaller which shouldn't be a problem cause you'll just be dropping it into a fuel cell anyway. The OEM ones are ridiculously expensive and no reason to use it as you're not restricted to the k75 housing. The napa one is from an older 4 cylinder mustang if you want to check other distributors.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=TFP2P74095_0062648959

I'm sure there are a lot of other options out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts