BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

K75. Fuel lines

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Hadaveha 
#1 ·
I am replacing fuel pump and filter on my K75. I’d like to replace all the gas lines. Are the lines 8mm. And do I need to buy a special type of fuel line to be used in the tank. Thankyou

#2 ·
Take a line off and measure ID and OD. Note if some of the lines require different sizes. The standard Gates Fuel Injection hose is available in various sizes, purchased by the foot from many sources.

Gates Submersible Fuel hose contains a special compound called Fluoroelastomer (FKM), which resists gas permeation and aging and it is more expensive then non submersible fuel line.

If you don't want to use the Gates stuff look for the rating SAE 30R10 for hoses that are intended to be submerged in fuel. This type of hose is used inside the fuel tank and typically on the fuel pump module. It uses a special layer on the inside and outside to prevent the core layers from being saturated in fuel.

I have always found that all of the various parts persons at Bob's are very patient and helpful with information.
A call won't cost you anything and may keep you from wasting time or money.

BMW corporate logo

1-800-BMW-BOB'S(1-800-269-2627)

2003 K 41

#4 ·
Welcome to the site.
Euromotoelectrics is your friend when you want many different parts for your K75. Here is their fuel pump and hose selection. You should explore the other available stuff there for future needs.

Reactions: KLR K75
#11 ·
Ok guys I cleaned my fuel sending unit, I found where the rubber coating on a cpl of wires had dried and flacked away, The wires were touching causing a short. My question is does anyone know of. Something I could recoat the wires with that would hold up submerged in fuel

#13 ·
You'll need either BMW NOS parts or if you want to re-wire on your own do a Google search for the appropriate gauge / size wire with chemical resistant PTFE insulation.

Some of the various "Standards" to look for are:

MIL-W-16878/4-Type E

FLRY automotive wires DIN ISO 6722 / LV112

Look for insulation made with Thermoplastic PVC type (ISO 6722)

Sorry I can't be more specific but there are several different kinds of wiring that will work for this.

#14 ·
Oh, I forgot to mention, you'll need the correct size / type of crimp on connectors and a crimping tool if you are doing a generic re-wire.
McMaster-Carr (online) is a great source for the connectors (and maybe the actual wire if you can wade through all the filters for different specs) but their crimping tools will be very expensive.
Amazon will have crimping tools at a lower price that will be perfectly functional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.