BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had 10 or so bikes over the years but I just had to tell everyone that last spring I purchased an '87 K75T with 104,000km. Runs great. But I had to tell you about my first start up after a long winters storage.....put in the battery, turn on the key, hit starter.....literally , there was maybe one full rev of the crankshaft and voila...instant life, with no hicupps, burps, or farts!!! It just started and idled as though I had just run it an hour ago!!! Normally I have to do alot of tricks and if I'm lucky I can have the other bikes running in 5 to 15 minutes after winter storage.....but this bike with a half second start up to instant smooth idle just floored me!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
astroguy said:
Normally I have to do alot of tricks and if I'm lucky I can have the other bikes running in 5 to 15 minutes after winter storage.....but this bike with a half second start up to instant smooth idle just floored me!!!
That is a special moment. Perhaps it's outdated now, but that Bosch LE-Jetronic fuel injection system was/is a wonderful thing.
Steve
1990 K75RT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts