BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Well I have bit the bullet and just brought a nice fuel injected k75 engine, gearbox, 99% of the wiring and swingarm for a good price I think.

Anyway, Can anyone tell me where I may get a good clear wiring diagram and workshop manual.

Also can you tell me if the K75 is fly by wire (doubtful) or has a throttle cable ?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I don't think bmw still sell the paper copies of the wiring diagram, if they ever did, but there is a CD with a lot of models on it, that includes the K75.

Part number is 06727694500 for a little over $50.00. I was just discussing that with someone who bought same CD for the later bikes, there may be a few issues with using/printing due to their propriatory software.

There are quite a few Haynes manuals available for download online such as these:

http://www.freshwap.net/02a/dl/haynes+bmw+k75+1985+1996+k100+1983+1992+repair+manual

·
PsyKotic Waterfowl
1,353 Posts
H96669 said:
I don't think bmw still sell the paper copies of the wiring diagram, if they ever did, but there is a CD with a lot of models on it, that includes the K75.

Part number is 06727694500 for a little over $50.00. I was just discussing that with someone who bought same CD for the later bikes, there may be a few issues with using/printing due to their propriatory software.

There are quite a few Haynes manuals available for download online such as these:

http://www.freshwap.net/02a/dl/haynes+bmw+k75+1985+1996+k100+1983+1992+repair+manual
The SLP 1 (BMW software) will print out the base wiring diagram on 3 pages. Readable with a magnifying glass. The nice thing about it is that it shows terminal numbers for relays and pinout numbers for stuff like the instrument cluster, L-Jetronic, etc...

I found a BMW K100 wiring diagram folded up in a K100 owners manual I've got. Not sure if it was ever available to the public or came from a shop.

Throttle cable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone know what if any, the different part numbers are for the two control boxs are for the K75? I have been told one controls the fuelling (silver unit) and one controls the ignition ( black unit)

I have been offered two different (supposedly) units with this engine. As far as I can gather the engine is a 1987 k75

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FlyingDuck said:
The SLP 1 (BMW software) will print out the base wiring diagram on 3 pages. Readable with a magnifying glass. The nice thing about it is that it shows terminal numbers for relays and pinout numbers for stuff like the instrument cluster, L-Jetronic, etc...

I found a BMW K100 wiring diagram folded up in a K100 owners manual I've got. Not sure if it was ever available to the public or came from a shop.

Throttle cable.

Might help someone out, I found this webpage with wiring diagrams on

K bike wiring diagrams

·
PsyKotic Waterfowl
1,353 Posts
boothybunch said:
one controls the fuelling (silver unit) and one controls the ignition ( black unit)
Correct.

Silver= L-Jetronic fuel control unit

Black= Ignition control unit (ICU)

It's very easy to tell if they're the right ones. The L-Jetronic says "3 Zylinder" on the red Bosch sticker and the ICU has "3 Zilnder" cast into the top of it. Same parts were used for all years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.

You just get used to a certain way of things being done ie japanese way of wiring and then you decide to be a sucker and try a german wiring.

You should see my other little project

1 - 8 of 8 Posts