BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:popcorn: A few weeks ago I thought I had a K75RT bought, but the deal didn't work out. :boom: Now I have located what appears to be a very nice K75RTP, though I haven't seen it yet. The owner of the latest bike is trying to get the ABS light to stop flashing. This was also the case with the earlier bike I saw. I have sent the current owner the ABS reset info I got from those of you on this board. I wonder if this is a frequent problem with these bikes. I'm specifically looking for a K75RT or R100RT because of the upright seating position. Neck fusions have made it impossible for me to sit a bike with an aggressive position, so I just sold my R1150R. None of the newer BMWs will work for me now.

:dunno: The two downsides I noted in an earlier K75RTP I rode were a lot of dive on braking and heat from the engine on my feet. That's a particular problem in Florida, though I usually ride in NC or CA. After riding the telelever 1150R, any braking dive would seem severe so I figure progressive rate springs will take care of that. I know the K75RTs are a little front heavy anyway. Is engine heat a normal situation on these bikes? What, if anything, can be done about it? I know there was once a company that made engine covers but I understand it's now out of business. How much does removing the lower fairings help?

I appreciate all the good input I have gotten from this board so far.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
ABS I or ABS II ?

For the dive.....just like a slave kissing the feet of it's master.....not mine but from 1985!
You are on the right track, and check today's other post on the heat issue. :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
h96669 said:
ABS I or ABS II ?

For the dive.....just like a slave kissing the feet of it's master.....not mine but from 1985!
You are on the right track, and check today's other post on the heat issue. :thumb:
I just read the thread on cooler thermostat settings, if that's the one you meant.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Yes looks like a good mod for them bikes, I'm going for it.
Also PM sent. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts