BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Anyone converted the K75S and fitted K75C handlebars?
Has anyone a photo of 'before' and 'after' showing the C bars in place,
My assumption is a longer brake hose (top part) may be needed and maybe swapping the 'S' crash pad with the C one.
I dont mean the 'higher' RT bars but the C type (maybe std on the earlier K100 too?)
Any pics showing the resultant bike would be appreciated.
Regards
Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
K75 S to C

When I bought my 1986 K75 C I contacted a buyer of a 1986 K75 S to swap everything to make mine an S model except the windshield. The reason I wanted to go with the S was the seating position. My "C" model was killing my wrists. As far as what we changed we changed the haandlebars and controls and nothing else. I don't have any pictures right now. I'm just getting mine back on the road from fixing the sprag clutch and while I'm at it changing the oil. It's been sitting for about 2 years while I put up a shop to work in and a place to store stuff. Right now I have the wifes van in fixing the rack and pinion. When I get done with that I"ll pull out the bike and take a picture so you can see what was changed. It was a simple and pretty fast change.

·
PsyKotic Waterfowl
1,353 Posts
Sometimes it can be done without replacing the brake line if you loosen the banjo bolt under the front master cylinder and change the angle a bit.

The easiest way to do a handlebar swap is to remove the throttle perch and then slide the bars out to the left. That way you don't have to disconnect/rebleed the front master cylinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts