BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the write up of my experience at the Keith Code Superbike School at Barber Motorsports Park. Thought I'd give you guys first look at it.. It'll go on-line in about 6 days in my next newsletter and I've given permission to Backroads Magazine to run it as well...

If you get bored.... http://piratesk12site.net/Keithcode.htm Hope you like it..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Pirate:
Great report. I am always looking into going to one of these schools. Of course I don't have near the ability that you have. I have never gone to a track day before. Now that you have taking this school, do you think it is worth going before doing track days or track days first?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great read - as always.

I've been wanting to do the two day school - I think it's time to check again when it's at Pocono.

OK - I checked and they are at Pocono on Aug 21 - 24th and then back at Barber the following week. I'm told the Pocono 2 day camp is less than half full right now.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Sounds like you had a terrible time. Wasted money and weekend. LOL!!!

Too bad you didn't get a picture with your new t-shirt!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Code Rocks!

I didn't get a chance to read your entire run-down yet but had the pleasure of taking a Level 1 class at Pocono last year. I've been riding for close to 15 years and must say that I learned more during that class than I did during all my years on the road. Keith's son was my on-track coach. Watching him and Keith hit the track was fun.
My confidence level and ability have increased tremendously.

I decided to thrash their 636 Kawi rather than risk my Ducati. I was very impressed with the bike. It was alot of fun...light & quick! Next time, I'm taking the Ducati!

Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts