BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I don't see it supporting BMW.

Aside, you'll still need a key for the side cases and trunk if you have one.

Mack

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Concours 14 has a really neat set up from factory called Keypass. They have a great concept and you cant remove the ignition key unless you have the transmitter close and that key will unlock the bags and tank. It would be pretty cool if BMW comes out with something like that, but it's another thing to go wrong. I had one for 3 days and two of the 3 days the battery was dead.

Jason

·
Registered
153 Posts
The key is coded in such a way that it needs to be "read" for the ZFE to allow the bike.

The key / antenna ring combo - I do not see them getting around that

·
Registered
100 Posts
Steer lock

What do you do with the lock ? I would not want to ride the bike without a key firmy stuck in the keylock !!
Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the keyless ignition on my Vrod because the key was located under my leg and it was very easy to drop and land on the hot exaust! I never did it but I know a lot of others that have and they say its not very fun trying to get out. After having it on my bike for a couple of years I like not having to rememeber to remove my key when I stop.

I don't have GPS on my GT yet but when I do install it I think from looking at others that the key would be harder to reach.

People get around security systems on cars all the time when installing the remote starters.

Keyless ignition is getting very popular on a lot of late model cars now. I think it's going to be a big thing in the future!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts