BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was in today's mail

Which is the KR/KS throttle lock from Kaoko. I wanted to make sure it works with the KTM 950 handguards I added to my KR and it works perfectly.

I prefer the Kaoko to other throttle locks simply because of the raised grooves which make it very easy to engage (spin to lock) with gloves. It matches the bar end on the other side so no need of additonal pieces (like throttlemiester) and thus I think a lower cost (around $90 delivered from Adventures Workshop http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/ )

·
Registered
82 Posts
Question does it cater for the heated handgrip, it certainly looks like it would be easier to use with the little finger but that would be a owner question as I am undecided on which brand to buy Wunderlick, Throttlemeister, and now this one????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Aussiefinatic said:
Question does it cater for the heated handgrip, it certainly looks like it would be easier to use with the little finger but that would be a owner question as I am undecided on which brand to buy Wunderlick, Throttlemeister, and now this one????
Has no effect on the heated grip. It is a carbon copy of the original bar end weight.

I put one on my KR this past fall and it's not nearly as easy to use as the older - coarse thread - design I put on my GS a couple of years ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts