BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am VERY close to pulling the trigger on signing up for Kevin's School which is scheduled for the Monday and Tuesday during the week of the Curve Cowboy Reunion. But $1600 is no small amount to pay for this middle-class Joe. I'm hoping a few in here have done the school and can comment.

My obvious first question is: Is it worth it?

Other questions:
  • Would you do it again?
  • Are there other classes that are better for the same or less money?
  • What didn't you like about the class?

·
Registered
236 Posts
observation

messenger13 said:
I am VERY close to pulling the trigger on signing up for Kevin's School which is scheduled for the Monday and Tuesday during the week of the Curve Cowboy Reunion. But $1600 is no small amount to pay for this middle-class Joe. I'm hoping a few in here have done the school and can comment.

My obvious first question is: Is it worth it?

Other questions:
  • Would you do it again?
  • Are there other classes that are better for the same or less money?
  • What didn't you like about the class?
A buddy of mine from FLA was doing the school last fall at Road ATL so I went up to visit with him and see how it all went. I can tell you that it was top notch.

The bikes, gear, facilities and instruction are all top notch. They take whatever time with you that is needed/desired and they video you so it's got a lot of show and tell. Kevin S is involved and is also a personable guy. So it's really a good program. Whether it's worth the entry fee or not...that's up to you. But, it will improve your riding...no question about it!

Doug

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have taken 3) Keith Code 1 day classes and 1)Freddie Spencer 2 day class. Worth every penny of it. I can guarantee you will never ride the same way again. I rode motorcycles over 25 years before my first Keith Code class and I thought I knew how to ride a bike...I was wrong! All I can say is the information you will learn will someday save your life and that alone is worth the $1600.00

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
I've only done Pridmore's CLASS, but I think any opportunity to do a real track class is money well spent. Isn't most of that $$$ for the rental bike you are going to use and abuse?

I say GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eljeffe said:
Isn't most of that $$$ for the rental bike you are going to use and abuse?
No...only $400 of the $1,600 is allocated for the use of their bikes. But you have to figure $300 of that is for the tires alone.

If you bring your own SUZUKI :wtf , the cost is $1,200.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts