BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy y'all

so i'm planning a ride from San Antonio to the GP this summer. My buddy won't be able to make it, he's having a kid on June, so there's no way he can make it...
and i was about to buy tickets this weekend, but, i won't go by myself, nor i be allowed to :D ...
is there a brave soul out there? either to hook up along the way, or pasing by in their way? I really would like to know so i can buy tickets, besides the law gave me the green light on it... i have a place to do a stop on west TX near el paso. the original plan was to ride from here SA to west texas, from there probably straight to LA and next day to Laguna. I'm thinking of getting a 3 day paddock pass and camp there (think Sparta!), i don't wan't to mess with hotels and such.... the way back is the same, Laguna to LA (take a shower :D ) from LA to west texas, and from there home.

So if there is anybody outthere willing... if not , well maybe next year... :(

yes,... i probably take off around the 15-16 of July or so...i rather have a day to spare... back in town around the 23....

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Sounds like a blast.

Wish I could find the time.

I think the folks at I-bmw are arranging something...

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's right...

i wonder if there was a problem with the Laguna GP? i can't find anyone going.... :confused:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm going, can't ride with you since I am already really close, but would be happy to meet you there. I know all the roads in the area, I lived in the Monterey area for 7 years.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
if everything works well, i'll see you there...
i leved in SF in the late 90's, i'm familiar with the area too. I just can't wait to ride hwy 1 from LA!
what i really want to do too, is take a couple of days after the GP and go up to napa, have a bit of time riding up there... in my way back i might go around Reno, my cousin in law has a winter place in around Truckee, i might crash there too...(we used to go to Squaw).
we'll see (wish me luck)

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
My brother's at Loma Linda outside of LA.

If I can find the time, I'd love to go out and ride. He rides a Duc S4RS.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well, if it happens we'll get in touch, and when i'm there we'll give it a try... :clap:

i just talked to one of my buddies that rides a GS, he might be up to it, (looks like the ride is not long enough for him... :D ) you never know, we'll see... there's still time.

btw... monsters, specially with a 998 engine rock a luuuut!

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, ... just back from dinner with my buddy who's having a kid in June,... his wife just gave him the green light! cool... then right around dessert she realized we were not taking a plane and renting a car... bummer :(
my bud says that is not over...he'll keep pushing it... i'm just concerned there won't be any tickets left if i keep waiting. h e l p m e . . .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update.... now it looks like we'll be flying to LA, renting bikes (picking them up at the airport), riding hwy1 up to Laguna, camping, heading back to LA and flying back. well.... we'll see :clap:

btw... we're booking 1098's...! :teeth

so... is anyone riding from LA? let's hook up... so far it looks we'll be there either the 17 or 18 early (the latest)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
... :(

well... kaput!

is a no-go.... just heard from by bud.... maybe indianapolis...we'll see...

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
...these are the days of our lives...

Sorry it fell through. But, really, it's going to be such a circus out there, maybe you should just plan a trip and ride for riding's sake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts