BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the MRAA has organised a ride on the Monash Freeway (Melbourne) for tomorrow being Wednesday.

I gather the riders are to meet to coincide with peak morning traffic, and ride by the rules ,taking up car space and showing what a pain in the arse the new legislation will be.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bert,

Have a look here: http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/a/166.html and the 3 attachments on the page when you get time.

We at the MCC are not going to sit and take this so are putting up some solid arguments. The NRMA up here is on the case too as are a number of others.

Apart from I think one state in the US and a couple of European countries, lane splitting is not really legal anywhere esle but seems to be tolerated. The move by the National Transport Commission to actually ban it is a real threat and not based on any known safety grounds. There has been no demonstrable problem with lane splitting accidents.

It's not over yet.

Cheers,

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
Tuk said:
.....Apart from I think one state in the US ...lane splitting is not really legal anywhere esle but seems to be tolerated. The move by the National Transport Commission to actually ban it is a real threat and not based on any known safety grounds. There has been no demonstrable problem with lane splitting accidents.

It's not over yet...
Howdy Clinton,

If you need some assistance in this, perhaps affidavits from riders here in California where the practice is quite common, let us know.

I will be mounting a digital video camera on my LT this Spring and may make some "lane sharing" clips. It might be of assistance in demonstrating the automobile response to lane sharing. It is quite remarkable how cooperative the interaction is between m/c and auto vehicle when the practice is done properly.

Good luck with this.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks Billy. We just might take you up on that.

I'll get back to you.

Cheers,

Clinton.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts