BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear rumors that Larry Grodsky, author of 'Stay'n Safe' and other safety articles, was killed last night on a motorcyle vs. deer accident in Texas..any ony confirm this?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Such a shame.

Godspeed.......

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
This from the HSTA mailing list.

"It is with heavy heart that I must tell you that Larry Grodsky of
www.stayinsafe.com and his by-line "Stayin' Safe" in Rider magazine
has died. I received a phone call from Ken Murray who is the head of
HSTA's SAM program. Ken says he received word from Pete Tamblin who
works with Larry in his on-road rider education classes. Apparently
Larry was riding at night, last night in Texas and hit a deer. No
word on funeral arrangements at this date but I'm sure Pittsburgh, PA
will be crowded with riders wishing to pay their last respect!"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I get Rider mag and enjoyed his column. Just shows that nobody escapes from bad luck or when their time is up. Damn deer are so unpredictable when they jump out in front of you. I've had several close calls myself but luckily haven't hit one yet.

RIP

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers to his family during a very difficult time.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting side note..Larry was returning from an MSF safety conference in Ca. when this unfortunate accident occured..

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
that sucks!.....it only takes a split sec for shit to happen....one look down at the speedo and thats it.....i have run over road kill by doing that....it sucks...and for some f___king reason thats when it happens....just a damn sneez..could get you in trouble...i ride every morning down 93 in nh....between 3:30 and 5:00 in the morning from the lakes to manchester about a 70 mile ride.....and each time i thank god that i make it....and up here there are so many road hazards from the summer people coming on vaca and crap blowing of there cars and trucks....so many things to watch for....and maybe that deer came from the side and he might not have even seen it....that really sucks...keep one eye on the pavement and one in the bush....and pray each time....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts