BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
OK- time to come out in the open. Just brought home my new ride. That would explain the recent rash of questions...

'98 K1200RS 26k miles, immaculate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sweeeet!!!

Looks like you got a good one... Enjoy :)

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice bike. I always liked that color combination. Good Luck.

Take a look at the air filter first chance you get. It's almost always a lot worse than you might expect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you mind sharing what you paid for it (either here publicly or PMing or e-mailing me privately)? I have the exact same bike with 7k miles on it which I'm considering trying to sell with an eye to getting a new K12S. Mine has some scratches on each side (from falling over twice over the years, once each side), which I expect will hit the value a bit, but the low mileage might help that. I discussed with a dealer 1-2 years ago about trading it in and he went so far as to say that it was unsaleable, which I know is a real exaggeration...thanks.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
bike

Looks like my old one. Do not envy guys with later models. My 97 model had many advantages that the newer one does not have , in the pursuit of improvement by BMW.

Tuning for one. Yours will tune with more success than mine. Mine sounds like a heap of shit. They both go like crap off a shovel though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts