BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought the jacket, pants, goro-tex inserts, and matching gloves. Suit was blue new and the colour has changed to a light grey which looks really good. Everything is top in quality, looks and function. The leather has been treated and will not absorb more than 10% water. It is washable and after hanging up to dry and brushed out with a suede brush and it looks good as new. I have caught a couple of rain showers without the goro-tex but was perfectly dry. the outside of the suit also dryed very quickly.
I had a textile gore suit before and although I was always dry the suit would be soaked, weigh a ton and take three days to dry.
Should anything happen to the suit BMW will repair it. One last advantage is when you appear at a hotel or restaurant they don't look at you as if you just came to rob the place. :hypocrite

Oldtimer

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oldtimer said:
I bought the jacket, pants, goro-tex inserts, and matching gloves. Suit was blue new and the colour has changed to a light grey which looks really good. Everything is top in quality, looks and function. The leather has been treated and will not absorb more than 10% water. It is washable and after hanging up to dry and brushed out with a suede brush and it looks good as new. I have caught a couple of rain showers without the goro-tex but was perfectly dry. the outside of the suit also dryed very quickly.
I had a textile gore suit before and although I was always dry the suit would be soaked, weigh a ton and take three days to dry.
Should anything happen to the suit BMW will repair it. One last advantage is when you appear at a hotel or restaurant they don't look at you as if you just came to rob the place. :hypocrite

Oldtimer
Thank you, I appreciate the review.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you acquire an Atlantis suit? I am thinking of doing so and would appreciate your usage opinion.
thanks, Philip aka k12dad

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
My wife got an Athlantis Pro 3 but I can't comment - we are having +35C and Air Flow 3 is much more suitable now. I am going to buy it in one month - will report shortly. Just pay attention when choosing one that there is a choice - they all have different color shades: a jacket could be more blueish and the pants more greyish or vice versa. We were lucky to find matching pants for her jacket which was the only one at that time in a shop.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Brilliant suit. Highly recommended.

Just one thing: order the BMW braces (suspenders to you lot in the USA) which have unique fixings for the Atlantis. The trousers (pants) are so heavy that they need to be permanently zipped to the jacket or have the benefit of the braces (or both!)

Regards,

Ian Thomas.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Atlantis suit

We've had the Atlantis suit for many years now (there is almost no difference between I, II, and III). They are the best suites made for riding. Good in cold and good up to 95 or so in the summer. They are waterproof and very good looking. Good luck. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts