BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Inertia LED 1156-18D-180 white bulbs in the taillights on my 2005 BMW K1200S and they are blazing bright and effective, with no CanBus light out indicator problem. I am very pleased and recommend them to others here in Canada and on the K-Bikes.com forum for the price, quality and quick delivery. www.inertialed.com or on Amazon

·
Registered
25 Posts
SuperBrightLEDS has a huge selection of LED bulbs and a very good Vehicle Selection Guide that includes motorcycles. You can select the correct type bulb for any socket on the bike, plus get a selection of lumens and colors for that socket. I get the brightest headlights, brake lights and blinkers and the dimmest gage/dash lights. They also have programmable flashers for LED's (for brake lights) for $7. www.superbrightleds.com And excellent service.

Common practice is to use RED LED's behind red lenses, amber LED's behind amber lenses, etc. A 100-lumen red LED puts out only red light. A white 100-lumen LED puts out all colors (wavelengths) only part of that is red. A red lens only lets out the red light. Same with amber. Might as well get all the lumens you paid for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just installed Inertia LED 1156-18D-180 white bulbs in the taillights on my 2005 BMW K1200S and they are blazing bright and effective, with no CanBus light out indicator problem. I am very pleased and recommend them to others here in Canada and on the K-Bikes.com forum for the price, quality and quick delivery. www.inertialed.com or on Amazon

I attempted to use the auto-flashing when stopping LED lights for my tail light, and I couldn't get rid of the CANBUS light out error... so grumpy. went and stuck the regular filament bulbs back in. I think that's my only gripe with the CANBUS system. even with the resistors inline, I couldn't get the bike to accept them without whining.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts