BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
aaichie said:
my k1200s has new led lighting on the back!

Dual led light from wunderlich and two led indicators from a r1200gs
Very Nice Looking. How is the Quality? Was the Install hard? I am mainly interested in the tail light.

And finally, does any know if wunderlich sells in the USA?

NL was on the plate, so I assume you are from the Netherlands! ;-)

Regards, Michael

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wunderlich delivers in usa, i don,t know the cost of shipping. Check www.wunderlich.de, tey have a special catalog in pdf for the k1200s

To install...its very simpel and the part has a good discription how to install.

The lights are german so i suppose it is quality

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Damn!! I've had this same tail light back-ordered from BMW Santa Cruz for almost 8 months now... they say I'll get the first one shipped into the US.. I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see one...For whatever reason.. they simply aren't reaching the US..

Can you furnish a few more pics of it?? Are you happy with the tail light? How much brighter is it that stock? Is it a plug-n-play install?

Thx for posting..

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am in the same boat; I am #3 in the US and still nothing. Call them about a month ago and no info is available. Visited Europe this summer and should've bought one from there.

By the way aaichie could you post better pictures please, I can send you my camera if it's a trouble.

Cheers Nick

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bry said:
Damn.. damn.. damn...

That's gonna look so good on the R.. :)

*Thumbs catalog...

Bry
It would but the Oz distributor Motohansa is next to useless, unorganised and are not very communicative. I am still waiting for my arrow LED indicators. If you want to buy straight from Wunderlich they tell you to talk to the local distributor!!! Better if you have a friend in Germany to buy for you, or better still buy direct from the source because Wunderlich is a distributor not the maker (for example they resell Ilmberger CF and Clear Alternatives lenses).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Weird, I bought stuff from them for the Rockster and have got an order for the flow jet screen and some bits and they seem ok.. praps you struck on a bad day... ?

Bry

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bry said:
Weird, I bought stuff from them for the Rockster and have got an order for the flow jet screen and some bits and they seem ok.. praps you struck on a bad day... ?

Bry
I ordered through one guy who went on holidays and another guy did his work in that time and they did not communicate too well I guess. It was a sequence of several minor things that added up to a stuff-up...

·
Registered
216 Posts
That damn catalogue's gonna cost me... :D

I'll go for the Rizoma mirrors and indicators later... I'm still convincing the wife of the need!

There is a need.....

for the carbon fibre muffler tip.... :)

Trouble with buying O/S direct I'm finding is the freight cost, I tried to sell my K12RS panniers to a guy in the states and the cost of getting them there was almost TWICE the cost of the panniers... So buying from Motohansa is better in that respect.

*sighs*

Bry

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This light was orderd by my at least 4 months ago. Problems with the working of the leds on a can-bus system delayed the delivery. The first ones came in last friday.

Maybe they ship to the us also this month?

It is easy to install but not plu and play, by the way the numberplate-lighting can not work because there is no electric supply possable on the wiring under the seat. (at least no easy way)

It is lot brighter than stock and it looks also very cool.....

The pics are comming.........

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bry said:
That damn catalogue's gonna cost me... :D

I'll go for the Rizoma mirrors and indicators later... I'm still convincing the wife of the need!

There is a need.....

for the carbon fibre muffler tip.... :)

Trouble with buying O/S direct I'm finding is the freight cost, I tried to sell my K12RS panniers to a guy in the states and the cost of getting them there was almost TWICE the cost of the panniers... So buying from Motohansa is better in that respect.

*sighs*

Bry
Bry, drop your bike and you will be able to justify getting the after market parts. After all, they are cheaper than the OEM parts ;-)

Actually I have caculated the costs buying from Motohansa. They actually built the shipping cost into their pricings. Then when they ship to your door, that's an extra cost. The overseas shipping cost is not that bad depending on the weight/volume of the items and shipping method.
Examples: I had the Ilmberger CF tank panels and hugger sent by DHL over within 2 weeks at a cost of 35 Euros; the MRA screen and mini tankbag also 35 Euros via DHL within 2 weeks. After dollars conversion, they are still cheaper than buying from Motohansa (not to mention at least twice faster and better service) :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's great, but I gotta say the Wunderlich stuff has been cheaper here in oz on the stuff I enquired on..

So when are you getting yours back together?

Bry

·
Registered
107 Posts
My bike's transformation should be finished in a week time, hopefully - after 9 weeks! It did not help that the BMW service manager went on holidays twice during that time (total 3 weeks) and the guys left could not make decisions without him. The parts that I bought directly from the US took 1 week, from Europe 2 weeks, from Mothansa and via local BMW dealer - 5 weeks. Go figure!

There will be a new paint scheme, some CF Ilmberger panels, new LED brakelight and white indicator lenses, Evoluzione slave clutch cylinder kit, torque arm, Akrapovic full system, Rizoma clutch and brakes levers, heli-bars, and MRA sports screen. Hopefully I can join one of the [email protected] rides with you after my bike is done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
LED Arrives

Santa Cruz, which is Wunderlich's local distributor, reports that Four - count 'em - 4, :wtf were shipped to the US. So the list rules! Mine is on its way to meet up with the K-Rocket! Watch my tail next week!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I already got mine, yesterday and it looks very coooool! However I also as aaichie reported, couldn't figure out how to make the license plate section work. There are two wires - black/white and black that supposed to be connected to the yellow and green respectively, but which yellow and which green is a mystery to me. I connected them to the yellow and green coming from the resistor but it didn't work.

If someone smarter then me finds the solution please post it. Otherwise the rest works and it is very easy to install.

Will post some pick.

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Got mine today!!! ... Have NOT connected any of the wires yet but it's on the bike.. Costs about double what it should but.. Damn! I may be able to sleep nights now.

The piece looks 1000% better than stock!! WooHoo! Will post pics when I get 'r done.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Pirate said:
Got mine today!!! ... Have NOT connected any of the wires yet but it's on the bike.. Costs about double what it should but.. Damn! I may be able to sleep nights now.

The piece looks 1000% better than stock!! WooHoo! Will post pics when I get 'r done.

is this the light/lenz?

http://www.bmwscruz.com/Merchant2/index.html

(I put the URL of the clear lenz....but the main menu comes up)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts