BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yup, I just ordered mine too. I should have it in a couple days. $120 USD includes shipping just so you folks know when ordering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The price seems more than it should be. Any explination of why the very high price?

I mean, I can go out and buy a new Color Television for under $100 so why the hell is a light more than a TV?

Bob B.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bad analogy.. how may TV's you think get sold vs LED brake lights for K1200S :) Also these are basicaly hand made... FWIW I just bought the LED directionals for the rear turn signals $110.00 How about MC tires vs car tires.. I can but 4 good car tires for almost the price of two MC tires.. think it has anything to do with scale of manufacture??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mines coming...

Mines on it's way- I had one on my 1150GS adv and honestly this along with a pulsing headlight are two of the first things you should do to your bike if safty/visability is at all a concern-

I heard from numerous persons riding or driving behind me how bright and annoying the light was- perfect in my book as that's my intention as they knew I was in front of them slowing down or at a stop-

Price was $120 but that included shipping to my doorstep.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Price.......

bakerracing said:
The price seems more than it should be. Any explination of why the very high price?

I mean, I can go out and buy a new Color Television for under $100 so why the hell is a light more than a TV?

Bob B.
Mine may be uglier, not quite as compact, but for $45.00 I'll keep it. Works well, I had another rider behind me last week, and she said it was very bright.
See my post "If you can't see this.....your blind" .

·
Registered
9 Posts
RedHawK12GT said:
Mine may be uglier, not quite as compact, but for $45.00 I'll keep it. Works well, I had another rider behind me last week, and she said it was very bright.
See my post "If you can't see this.....your blind" .
Now, $45, that's more like it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure. I did clear lenses and these: http://www.nippynormans.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LLP-2010301&variation=&aitem=3&mitem=6for the rears.If you poke around the site a bit they list a USA dealer, in Florida that stocks them. Ordered from them, quicker than from the UK. They fit perfect and are bright as hell! I tried silver bulbs in the rears but they lose a lot of brightness. I just don't care for the way amber bulbs look through the clear lenses. These are silver until lit, then they are bright amber.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Erik said:
I just bought the LED directionals for the rear turn signals $110.00
Yikes... I just ordered mine from BMW of Denver... $69.95.

·
Registered
121 Posts
LED "BRAKE" light

Installed the LED "BRAKE" light on my KR and yes the cost was $120 delivered but as far as quality/fit/functuality/looks in my humble the Brake LED can't be beat...had them on my other BMW's and they work oustanding, always been able to pull them out of the bike and sell them for 75-85% of what I paid for them when moving onto the next bike- they work so well that when other riders have had to follow me for extended periods, they found it annoying to follow as the lights were always catching thier attendtion- perfect in my book.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got mine today and WOW!! Really well made as Amos sez, and man is it bright.. Worth every $$

·
Registered
50 Posts
Agreed! Really worth every penny spent! I have just one tip for everyone that gets one. Be careful when putting them in, it's kind of hard getting the LED unit twisted in the socket without bending the resistor. It won't work if you break that off.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts