BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
my 2 cents is the CAN BUS system on my K1200s ABHORS led ANYTHING.

one smidge of difference and it freaks out. I tried upgrading my brake light with two different "canbus" LED type lights and could not get rid of the LAMPR warnings and I went back to normal bulbs.

plan to fail, and be surprised if they work???:plain

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lamp warning can be fixed, the cheap way is to buy canbus ready parts or mount a resistor , both canbus ready and the resistor route works the same way. Tricking the canbus by drawing a big current and burning of as heat in a resistor. No plus with this route.
A bit more expensive is to take the bike to a dealer and have them reprogram the canbus to accept the lower current draw, it cost more than resistors but there is also a plus, doing it saves on the amps the bikes draws just by being up and running.

So the lamp warning is an easy fix either way, harder is to find descent LED turn signal indicators when it comes to their light output and looks. The BMW originals are way too expensive when also weighing in the cost to have the bike reprogrammed.

All in all i got a quota of 750USD if i buy BMW parts and reprogram. For indicators thats is just pricey. Then i found the chinese replicas of bmw but i can not find any good video or review on them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For what its worth I recently broke a front turn signal lens and bought a pair of chinese made ones.
They fit perfectly.
I haven't put in any LED lamps tho. I am too lazy to fit the resistors and too tight to pay for reprogramming.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my blacked out lenses today for the front turn signals. Have ordered som LED bulbs but they will not arrive for a couple of weeks. The rear i took of the original orange lenses and fitted white ones i had on the shelf from my old f800st.

when testfitting the parts today o got to thinking if there where any place to find w16w incandescant bulbs with chrome effect so that they become invisible , and also Ry10w chrome for the rear.
P21w/5 i now exist and w5w, but never seen w16w and ry10w.

Anybody here that has seen such chrome bulbs?
My googl-fu is not strong enough too find them if they exist. And i would be happy to stay away from LED if i did not have that orange glow when lights are not in use.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered but not recieved my Bmw replica turn signals yet, have however got another set i ordered at the same time along with resistors and a adapter for bmw --> bullet connector.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spirit-Beast-2pcs-lot-motorcycle-modified-turning-signals-light-Super-bright-waterproof-LED-Steering-light/32789266155.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-Pcs-Black-12V-Motorcycle-Moto-Turn-Signal-Indicator-LED-Load-Resistor-Flash-Blinker-Fix-Error/32818950982.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-LED-Indicator-Wiring-Connector-Kit-EE078H-for-BMW/32810957609.html

Payed a total of 33USD including shipping, they where not as small as i thought, but they actually look surprisingly nice and are really bright!
Unfortunally i will have too wait until saturday to mount them on the bike for test. Great that i could find adapters for the connectors, make's it all plug and play.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
They look great. How do they look at the mounting point? I am not sure about the S but on the R the mounting point is a long oval inset... Did you have to make mounting brackets?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stem is 8mm and it fit perfect in the hole where the original turnsignal was mounted. No need for drilling or making brackets. Just put them in and secure the nut on the backside.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got another set of LED bulbs today, this time only a T10 bulb but is was bright enough to replace a w16w for front turnsignal bulb. Color is a really deep orange so it will work great in clear/smoked lens applications like the front of K1300s.
Came in retail packaging, the feel and build quality is premium, how they stand up over time i don't know.
No warnings from canbus.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...311.0.0.InYV3H

1 - 15 of 15 Posts