BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I’m looking for some pearls of wisdom please... yesterday, on my 2012 K1300S, the right indicator stopped working, along with the high beam/passing light switch. THe left indicator works normally, as does the hazards lights, with all bulbs operating.
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this and know of a fix please?
Best Regards
James

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just had my k1200s loose the left turn. Same thing the Hazzards all
work, left and right. Had this happen before when I got rained on. After a week it started to work again. This time no such luck.

So I took the left switch assy apart and found there is nothing fancy here. All switchs are just that, on off 12 volt switch's. Tested the left turn switch and it is always open. The state of the switch never changes when pressing the button.

Ordered a new assy. And will get it in a few days. Until then I'll just be waving at people to go left.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my ‘08GT I just had a couple things go wonky on the left switch set. The ASC button stopped working (not that I use it in the first place) and the windshield level button was intermittent in one direction. After a week or so of casual troubleshooting I found that these wires were broken at the wire holder under the bars. After the repair everything now works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts