BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful new [to me] K1200RS has a left side system case with a badly gouged cover. Is it possible to replace only the cover from BMW? Approximate cost?

Are all recent R and K BMW system case covers [not City] identical? It appears they are the same on my 1996 R1100RSL as the 2002 K1200RS. This would help as I watch Ebay auctions etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I see now...

mkrouse said:
My beautiful new [to me] K1200RS has a left side system case with a badly gouged cover. Is it possible to replace only the cover from BMW? Approximate cost?

Are all recent R and K BMW system case covers [not City] identical? It appears they are the same on my 1996 R1100RSL as the 2002 K1200RS. This would help as I watch Ebay auctions etc.
I've answered my own question by reviewing the parts catalog fiche on the Max BMW site. The cover has a part number 46542317615 and it is the same as the part number for my 1996 R1100RSL. $131.

So I guess the search begins with facts in hand.

·
Registered
227 Posts
BMW's might be expensive, but as customers, we have a great thing going for us in accessoriy functionality and life cycle availability. They have a good design for a case lid, use it on many of their bikes, and is available some years after bike production. Only HD comes close.

Good luck on your search.

Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts