BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the most ugly thing on our great looking bikes is the license plate. I don't like to advertise any dealer (unless he wants to pay me) so I take off their cheap plastic plate holder. Have any of you come across a nice looking license plate holder?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Route66GT said:
One of the most ugly thing on our great looking bikes is the license plate. I don't like to advertise any dealer (unless he wants to pay me) so I take off their cheap plastic plate holder. Have any of you come across a nice looking license plate holder?
I'm with you on the advertising.
I found a plain chrome plate holder in Auto Zone.

Bruce C

·
Registered
373 Posts
I also got a plain chrome one at autozone.

Then, a week later I saw a fake carbon fiber one at BMW of Orlando (fl). While visiting my sister, I believe the cost was $8 and it looked good. (by the way, they had a great selection of store t-shirts. Got one that matched my green GT!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I contacted BMW of Orlando and ordered a carbon fiber looking metal plate holder. The parts guy was very nice and stated if he didn't have one he could order them. He did have them (or one) in stock. He has it on his bike. Thanks for the input...

·
Registered
44 Posts
license plate holder

I normally flip the stock one around and put it back on without the advertising showing. Normally pretty clean as you have something holding the plate on the edges but it's barely noticeable. Richard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts