BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
brentboshart said:
Anyone tried these? Does it work well?
A rider at a Tech Daze had one. He said they worked well. They look stout when in hand. I have no personal use of them.
Bruce C

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought 2 for Christmas. Well, designed and look good. A little over priced in my opinion. But, really no alternative.

·
Registered
186 Posts
brentboshart said:
Anyone tried these? Does it work well?
couldn't figure out how they actually work. No way I could place my helmet on top of the case and expect it to still be there after a ride. (at least it won't be standing secure like advertised)

Sellers wouldn't comment on that either. Waste of money. Maybe it's operator error??

·
Registered
819 Posts
I use them

I have these locks, but I never ride with the helmet attached to the system case. The work pretty well and I don't have a problem. They are pretty cheap and you ca get them on ebay for ~25-30 dollars/pair.

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
40 Posts
I own one and don't care for it. If you leave it wedged in the bag's handle then you're fiddling with it every time you open the bag for other purposes. If you keep it in the bag, then you need to search for it every time you want it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Lucky88 said:
No way I could place my helmet on top of the case and expect it to still be there after a ride. (at least it won't be standing secure like advertised)
Not sure if it's designed to hold a helmet while riding. I use one occasionally to hold my helmet when my bike is parked, and it works fine for me. Also, with the bike cover on, the helmet's hidden.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Brent
I have been re-reading this thread and notice that you ride a RS. These locks only work with BMW hardbags.
Have you used the T- type flat steel helmet D-ring extenders and used the stock helmet hook under the seat and near the seat lock?
Bruce C

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brucecha said:
Brent
I have been re-reading this thread and notice that you ride a RS. These locks only work with BMW hardbags.
Have you used the T- type flat steel helmet D-ring extenders and used the stock helmet hook under the seat and near the seat lock?
Bruce C
Hi Bruce,

Ha, I did not realize they were even there! I do have hard bags which I usually have them on. Thanks for all the posts.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lid Locks

I had this lid lock and didn't like it, I gave it away. I found it extremely difficult to lock (lower) the handle on the bag with the helmet in place. I had to maneuver my hand into the helmet face opening then try to lower the handle w/o any leverage and I didn't have enough hand strength to do it easily.

I have been much more pleased with the helmet lock from Pirate, even though it is much more expensive, it works easily.

ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts