BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out on the Costa Mesa Freeway a couple of days ago between Anaheim and Santa Ana, and the Caltrans alert signs (the lighted signs they can put a message on) said, "Share the road, look twice for motorcyclists". I saw three signs, going both directions, all said the same thing. Pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Same were along Central Valley in CA along the Hwy.99 corridor yesterday too. Don't know if it will do any good or not any more than "Caution: High Winds in Gorman" or "Slow down due to rain and snow."

Mack

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
In Maryland, during the riding season, they display "Share the road, watch for motorcycles".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Share the road

Yeah been seeing them all over the freeways in San Diego. People at work are asking whats up with the motorcyclist signs so at least it's in their brains.

·
5,163 Posts

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
During the summer in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, there are several banners saying the same thing displayed in many places, especailly when the old farts ( incluidng me ) go to the annual Jampot Rallye...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I saw the same sign on I-15 between Victorville, Ca. and Orange Co.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still seeing it on the freeways out here in SoCal. From the postings, I guess it's a national campaign. I like it.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Cal-Trans has some strategic plan for safety for the 2007-2015 calendar years from it's 22,000 members. This is part of it. How many millions ($$?) of dollars they got from the federal government I don't know. Some data on it is here .

The flip-side of the coin is the CA CHP also is also into motorcyclists safety. However, they are targeting cyclists themselves for basically recklessness, here.

Mack

·
5,163 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts