BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 03 GT for about 5 months now, and am debating on weather or not to put bar-backs on. On longer rides (say 2+ hours) my hands go numb. I've tried a few different pairs of gloves, am conscious about maintaining a relaxed grip, I use my cruise as much as feasible, but no real help. I searched the forum and have read almost every post on bar-backs. You folks seem to be split down the middle on their usefulness. Any suggestions?

BTW, I'm 6'2", 230lbs.

Thanks,

Josh

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Question...what happens when you squeeze the sides of the tank area with your knees? I ask because doing that will put your weight on the bike in a different location, and you might find relief for your hands that way. If so, you have two ways to go...work on strengthing your back, or get some barbacks. Keep in mind that some barbacks require new (longer) throttle cables and brake line.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
513 Posts
you may have carpiltunnel.
Do you have any numbness at night, does it wake you up from sleep?
If so you should see a doctor.

I got a cortizone shot in 2002 and it fixed it. for a few years, still better now than it was.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It better not be carpiltunnel, I'm only 25! I only wake up in the night with a numb arm when the ol' lady is sleeping on it. I'll try supporting my weight with my knees and see what that does. I'd like to figure something out before the ride to Gillette!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Try adjusting your dampening and/or pre-load and see what happens.

I was riding my 650GS and had it tuned to comfort level, single rider for my GF. I forgot to return it to my settings and I noticed my throttle hand was tingling.

It's worth a shot.

I do have bar-backs on my K--R but I'm only 5' 4" tall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts