BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a competent and honest dealer in the desert area close to Palm Springs, CA? Last year I had my service done at Irv Seaver in Orange. I enjoyed the experience but the dealership is just a little too far away.
Thanks for the help.
Vlad

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Vlad
Your closest dealer would be Malcolm Smith in Riverside about a 1hr. ride. Ph# 951-687-1300. I use North County BMW in Escondido, ph#760-520-1288. But it might be a little too far unless you come over the mountain. Both are very good dealers.
Bruce C

·
Registered
828 Posts
bmw search engine

I did a quick dealer seach from the www.bmwmotorcycles.com
Looks like you don't have much of a choice. My suggestion, get a disney annual pass so you have something to do while your bike is in service. There might be an independent mechanic closer, but I don't know of any.

Here are the results:

50.0 miles MALCOLM SMITH MOTORSPORTS 7563 INDIANA AVE.
RIVERSIDE, CA 92504 (951) 687-1300 Map Directions

61.7 miles BMW MOTORCYCLES OF NORTH COUNTY 499 HALE AVENUE
ESCONDIDO, CA 92029 (760) 520-1288 Map Directions

70.7 miles BROWN MOTOR WORKS, INC. 885 W. MISSION BLVD.
POMONA, CA 91766 (909) 629-2132 Map Directions

73.8 miles IRV SEAVER MOTORCYCLES 607 W. KATELLA AVE
ORANGE, CA 92867 (714) 532-3700 Map Directions

80.7 miles BRATTIN MOTORS 4952 EL CAJON BLVD.
SAN DIEGO, CA 92115 (619) 286-1971 Map Directions

92.7 miles LONG BEACH BMW 2998 CHERRY AVENUE
SIGNAL HILL, CA 90755 (562) 427-5494 Map Directions

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stick with Irv Seaver...why risk the change? Take a little side trip and just enjoy the ride down. You might want to see if they can have a loaner bike waiting for you and then leave it for the day and head over to the coast for a little ride.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Snort! Too far away??? Ha!!

My nearest dealer is 87 miles away. The next closest is 300 miles away, then 500 miles away. If only I had a selection of dealers less than a hundred miles away.....
:eek:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
GTRider said:
Snort! Too far away??? Ha!!

My nearest dealer is 87 miles away. The next closest is 300 miles away, then 500 miles away. If only I had a selection of dealers less than a hundred miles away.....
:eek:
You sir, are reciting THE biggest problem for us BMW owners. Being close to a dealer.
Bruce C

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am 100 miles away

My closest BMW dealer is 100 miles away. However, I do have three choices if I go 120 miles away.

6k and 12k service calls are all day affairs on Saturdays.

Ron

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
P7M8 said:
Stick with Irv Seaver...why risk the change? Take a little side trip and just enjoy the ride down. You might want to see if they can have a loaner bike waiting for you and then leave it for the day and head over to the coast for a little ride.
Irv Seaver is my dealer. I trust them to do a great job. Get there early, there is a good place for steak and eggs walking distance down the road. Cheers.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
Where?

fastjohnny said:
Irv Seaver is my dealer. I trust them to do a great job. Get there early, there is a good place for steak and eggs walking distance down the road. Cheers.

Where's the restaurant? The only place I have seen is the burger place down near the Home Depot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steak and eggs....

It's about half a mile down the road on the right. It's family owned and diner style. I can't think of the name but anyone at Irv's will direct you there. Actually it looks like a formal restaurant from the outside and less like a diner.
Vlad

·
Registered
373 Posts
90 miles for me. But, I make a day around it. Also, there is a commuter train station 1 1/2 blocks from the dealer and 5 miles from my house. I will drop the bike off and when I pick it up stop for dinner on the way home thru downtown Chicago. It actually costs me less than gas and tolls to take the train.

·
Registered
370 Posts
chuckwilmot said:
Where's the restaurant? The only place I have seen is the burger place down near the Home Depot.

Hey Chuck,

I think it's the opposite direction from how you went. Same side of road. Decent sit-down place with good food. Ask Jim in Accesories, he directed me. Cheers.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
fastjohnny said:
Hey Chuck,

I think it's the opposite direction from how you went. Same side of road. Decent sit-down place with good food. Ask Jim in Accesories, he directed me. Cheers.
OOOHHHH, you guys are talking about the place on Main/Katella which used to be a Spires. GEEZ, I don't think of that as within WALKING distance. Maybe HIKING distance. OK, maybe I'm being a little wussy.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Good Fud

chuckwilmot said:
OOOHHHH, you guys are talking about the place on Main/Katella which used to be a Spires. GEEZ, I don't think of that as within WALKING distance. Maybe HIKING distance. OK, maybe I'm being a little wussy.
Yup!!! Good fud! Talk a walk, you always need the exercise.

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
181 Posts
I vote for BMW of North County. Good guys, closer, and a better ride over the Palms to Pines highway, through Anza, Temecula or around Lake Henshaw!!!! And eating is plentiful....just ask.

Jim

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BMW N County

Jim,

I never heard of the dealer. Have you had work done by them recently? I agree I would rather ride through the mountains to go there. The highways are awful.

Thanks,
Vlad

·
Registered
828 Posts
BMW of North County

BMW of N County is located just north of san diego, in Escondido.

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Vlad
BMW of North County
499 N. Hale Ave.
Escondido Ca. 92029
Ph# 760-520-1287
Brian Smith service manager
This used to be Brecht BMW. Now owned by Emery Master.
Great people, great dealer. Emery is always on site. I bought my '04 KRS from them in July. Excellent service.
From Palm Springs take #74 to #371 to #79 to #76( toss in a side trip over Palomar Mt. right here if you want ) to #S6(Valley Parkway). Rough guess, about 110mi.

Bruce C

·
Registered
181 Posts
vlad said:
Jim,

I never heard of the dealer. Have you had work done by them recently? I agree I would rather ride through the mountains to go there. The highways are awful.

Thanks,
Vlad
Yes they have done my work...since new (2003, purchased Jan 03, expiring warranty!!!). BMW of North County used to be Brecht. Pathogen is correct, they are in Escondido.

I have been happy with the service/attention/care that they have provided. Call Brian and make an appointment. See how he treats you on the phone and go from there. They do a lot of police bikes so there may be some lead time on service appointments.

Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts