BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On February 1st, I am riding from Dallas, TX to Albany, GA. This will be my first trip through Mississippi and Alabama. I am planning to take three days to get there and expect to tent camp along the way.

I prefer to stay off the interstates and I want to avoid the gulf coast due to possible shortages of accommodations in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. I am hoping to find some good winding roads (who isnt?). So far I have found mainly scenic route information which may or may not mean good riding.

The scenic routes came from the America's Scenic Byways web site. If you know about the the Longleaf Scenic Byway in Louisiana or the Natchez Trace Parkway in Mississippi and Alabama please tell me what you think of them or any other good routes that will get me in a meandering generally eastward direction that ends up in SW Georgia.

In Albany I will be meeting two other people for a trip to Savannah. They have the route for that drive already planned so I don't need suggestions for roads in Georgia east of Albany.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Gordon Leonard

·
Registered
730 Posts
If your that close, you definately need to ride to North Georgia and ride Rte 60 in Suches, Ga. along with the Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap. There are plenty of other great twisty roads to enjoy as well.

Especially coming from Texas, you'll want to see the mountains - the sw part of Georgia is relatively flat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts