BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHAT ARE CAN BUS LEDS Bulbs?

CAN Bus LED bulbs are simple plug-and- play LED bulbs which are made specifically for CAN Bus-equipped vehicles. These bulbs work with your vehicle’s advanced computer system, so when your vehicle’s computer reads them, they respond back correctly.

What does CAN Bus mean?

CAN Bus means Controller Area Network Bus. This system monitors your vehicle and reports operating conditions. CAN Bus systems are commonly found in European vehicles such as BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Porsche, and in many American vehicles. While most late model American vehicles have CAN Bus systems, it is always good to check with your vehicle dealer to see which system your vehicle has before purchasing electrical products.

·
Registered
19 Posts
These systems typically work with a module controlling the electrical accys . The module will monitor the load on the circuit. Too many amps and it sees a short circuit and shuts the circuit down to prevent damage to it. Too few amps and it sees an open circuit or burnt out light and sends a message to the display accordingly.

This is why LED and incandescent bulbs aren't necessarily interchangeable without adjusting the load on the circuit.

Or some systems can be programmed with the desired load.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cyclops H-7. Everything fits and no can bus issues.
Me too. No issues and easy to fit, take a little shoe-horning in is all!

Amazing globes. I still avoid riding out in the bush at night due to an over abundance of kangaroos, plus pigs, wombats and now deer. But roo’s are the ones that have caused me a lot of vehicular damage the last couple of years:sad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts