BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am searching for a 2004 K1200 GT in Green loaded with touring options. I am also looking to land one with low miles in mint condition.

I just sold my R1200 C to join the "GT club" and I am searching everywhere, found a few out there, but not with the right combination (options, low miles, price).

If anyone has an interest to sell or knows of one that fits this description, please call me or email me.

Shawn
[email protected]
:bmw:

Thanks a million.

Shawn

·
Registered
768 Posts
Check the classifieds here, ebay, walnecks and powersportnetwork for starters. Good luck.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Used Green K1200GT Source

If me, I'd do a dealer search via the BMW web site...some will list used models on their site. With a Sam's Club calling card at 3.47 cents per minute....you can make a lot of cheap calls.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Can't help you if you're stuck on the GrauGren color, but the dealer in SLC (www.bmwofsaltlake.com) has a Piedmont Red '04 with less than 4k miles, has cruise/heated grips/heated seat and so on. Bike looks like it hasn't been down, is a clean unit. If you're interested call them and ask to speak to Renn--he's a straight-up guy. Good luck,

GTRider

PS: No financial interest, just a satisfied customer, etc. :bmw:

·
Registered
123 Posts
used GT

Try the cycletrader dot com, that is where I found mine. There was a fellow in N.J. with a used bike shop called Be a Biker. He has a pretty nice set up. His web site is beabiker.com his name is Trey. Give him a call he seems to have access to all kinds of bikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all.

Shawn

·
Registered
156 Posts
SMP1602 said:
Hi

I am searching for a 2004 K1200 GT in Green loaded with touring options. I am also looking to land one with low miles in mint condition.

I just sold my R1200 C to join the "GT club" and I am searching everywhere, found a few out there, but not with the right combination (options, low miles, price).

If anyone has an interest to sell or knows of one that fits this description, please call me or email me.

Shawn
[email protected]

Thanks a million.

Shawn
The bike you're looking for is on the showroom floor at Cross Country BMW in Metuchen, NJ. The website is www.ccbmw.com. Good luck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
r12c/k12gt

Keep looking! - stick to what you're looking for - winter's a fine time - especially February when all the shows get cranked up (and I've heard there are a few greens around)...

The '04 is a treat - yes, I suppose it looks dated to some - but imagine the smile on your face when you switch from old cruiser, to 'sport'-tourer - it's a kick!

Nothing against cruisers....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Green GT

I do have a GT that I my be talked out of. As far as the low mileage, it has 6500. I live in Nevada, if interested Email me and we can talk...........Bob

·
Registered
144 Posts
Still looking??

Shawn,
I know where this bike is.
Under 6k with PIAA's. Laminar lip, RAM mounts, extra wiring inplace for GPS/Radar, etc...
Green.
BMW auxilliary brake light added.
Let me know.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Cycle werks in Barrington, Il had one in green with about 2000 miles on it in November.
Looked in very good shape. I know it had Cruise control, don' remember if it had heated seats. John is a really nice guy. I was getting my break in service done, and remember thinking "Damn, I could of have saved some money". Didn't have it when I bought my GT.
In fact, they had just opened the crate that day and it was their last new one.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Found it...

Shawn,

My friend is selling his and the bike is loaded. It is a green 2004 with 9K miles on it, heated seat, grips and cruise, plus:

1. Two sets of auxillary lights on the front (PIAA's and Hella) on Martin Fabrication mounts for the PIAA and color matched RBR brackets for the Hella lights.
2. A brand new Airflow touring windshield
3. A new locking BMW rear luggage plate and soft bag.
4. Tankbag

And a bunch of other stuff...

Bike is listed here

The bike is in perfect condition. Steve is moving back to the GSA and selling his GT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Green K1200 GT in Austin

Thiere is a green one located near Austin, TX with about 9,000 miles. It's listed on Craig's List under San Antonio. Look under motorcycles and it was about 1 - 2 weeks ago. I talked with the owner and seemed like a good guy. He has it listed for 13,300 with numerous options. There are some pictures with the listing. Good luck. Let me know if I can help you more. (Actually, I think it's the same bike listed above on Cycle Trader)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good move going to the K1200GT

As stated previously, I would recommend Cycletrader.com and ebay.com. You may also want to periodically check out the pre-owned listings at your local BMW dealers.

I have an R1200C and a K1200GT. You will love the switch - completely different rides. Sad for the cruiser since it hybernates in the garage most of the time now. The only thing I miss about the cruiser when I'm riding the GT is the upright seating position. Not the position, but more how you take in the scenery. The GT makes me pay more attention to the road since my head is pointed downward more. For me, one is about kicking back / relaxing, and the other is about riding. It took me a few rides to get used to the GT but now I absolutely love the bike. Just watch out for the kickstand - she's a tricky little bitch that will take you by surprise. Luckily I never spilled it, but came close a couple times as I got familiar with the bike. Get used to the center stand and use it often.

You may also want to look up a thread somewhere here about riding position. At first, the ergonomics felt completely wrong - especially in the wrists. You will have to use your back and legs more to get a good riding position. Enjoy the ride when you get it - you will be thrilled.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you really want the "green" color, check with the BMW dealers. The green KGTs seemed to be the last to sell. You may find a new '04 that a dealer is looking to unload. Might get a good price.

·
Registered
227 Posts
SMP1602 said:
Hi

Shawn
[email protected]

Thanks a million.

Shawn
BMW of North Houston has a used one
http://www.bmwmch.com/new_vehicle_d...9K2005J11I24I47JPMQ1703R0&veh=9823&pov=254030

Lone Star BMW in Austin has a new one, it lists for $17,900, I bet you can get it for $15k.

Ron

·
Registered
377 Posts
Lone Star BMW in Austin has a new one, it lists for $17,900, I bet you can get it for $15k
The green bike at LS is stock, --no cruise, or heated seat, in fact most of the left over bikes at the dealers are the odd ball no option models.

·
Registered
370 Posts
jbrayls said:
I just found this '04 Demo a few minutes ago with 2400 miles listed at 12,900.

http://www.ridewest.com/preowned/details.asp?year=2004&make=BMW&model=K1200GT

Maybe something to take a look at.
Man, that looks like a smokin' price. Of course check it out to make sure it is legit. I owe a lot more on my 2004...and it has 4 times the miles! Good luck, and I second the kickstand advice. ALWAYS keep her in gear when you put the sidestand down getting off and ALWAYS put it on the centerstand. It is really well balanced and easy to put up on the center so it makes no sense not to do it. Cheers, and good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bought A Gt!

Hi,

I just wanted to post tell let anyone know that I found an awesome 2003 K1200 GT up in Sacramento,CA (thanks, PJ !!). Its more bike than I could have imagined! (and I thought I was going to be in tears over me sellling my R1200 C..... :)

Thanks to all who submitted suggestions!

Shawn

1 - 20 of 31 Posts