BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thirty+ years ago I sketched, on a napkin, a similiar vehicle although it was 2 in the back and one in the front. 2 seat design with passenger sitting behind the driver in an enclosed tubular body (picture fighter jet). The body leaned/pivoted over the rear axle. It was essentially an improved version of what PM mag had plans for in the 60s where they mated a VW front to a Kaw900 but mine pivoted/leaned. Imagine my surprise when I visited Disney (or EPCOT - can't recall which now) and saw the very vehicle displayed in the GM area. Have subsequently seen similiar on the inernet but can't seem to find one now. GM even had a video segment of the vehicle running a great speed through some leaf covered twisty roads on some overcast autumn day.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Pretty Cool. Video clips are too short to get a good idea of it's capabilities but, if it works as well as I imagen, it could revolutionize the ATV market.
I say, beef it up and put an R1200HP2 motor in it :) I think I want one too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just last week while in Cyprus for a few days I saw a similar scooter vehicle flying through city traffic splitting lanes and all. I am embarrassed to say that I could not catch up to it on the VFR 800 that I was riding so I never got to check it out in detail :(

Tinos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts