BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
puzzled

I am puzzled. According to the parts diagram, there is a wave washer that must be installed between the disc and the roll pin (see pic attached). On both sides. I don't have any wave washers on the right side. Is it possible that all of them simply broke and fell out? All of them?

I replaced tires just a couple K miles ago and I would have noticed if the rotor was that loose. I guess, I'll order 5 wave washers and reinstall them... It just makes no sense that they are all gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like you've got a mix of generations of BMW discs there - one 'floating' and one not. Used to have dual floating on the old K1100RS - they're the ones with the 'bobbin' the screw goes thtough and the wave washers etc to try to stop the disk rattling... Guess they re-used them on the classic K12s too - but on my 2002 K1200RS both of the front discs are fixed, eg hard screwed, no wave washers etc. (come to think of it that's what I had on my 96 R1100GS too, so obviously they were using both types across multiple models at the same time).

HTH

Max
South Is, NZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts