BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max just picked it up, will find out soon. Anyone else have that problem, it's a 2006 S. You can stop a K without the power system but sure is different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My brakes went on me about 5 weeks ago, but came back on restart. It sounds like yours are 100% gone though?

Took me 4 weeks of chasing BMW, but finally someone admitted that they've known since June that on bikes made up until a couple of months ago, there's a chance that a spring in the rear brake isn't fully disengaging the brake. If that's the case, the computer will believe that the brake is being applied. Most importantly, this will screw up the start-up routine, disengaging ABS and servos.

After I chased it right up to the Director of Motorrad here in Canada, they finally agreed to replace it on warranty. Not a pleasant experience - lost me a good chunk of my riding season and my confidence in BMW customer service.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wasn't riding it but the ABS pump failed on my bike. Interestingly enough, it happened to the BMW mechanic that was test riding my bike after it had the recall work done on the rotors, ie banjo bolt and new rotors. Heard through the grapevine, and the mechanic, that the ABS pump is overheating due to it's location within the bike and that mine wasn't the first. I love my KR but something has to be done about all of these brake issues. I have written to BMWNA requesting further information. If you haven't, I recommend that you do so in order to voice your opinion and concerns about these issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts