BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Wow, hate is a pretty strong word to use. I don't pretend to speak for others on this board but the article you linked states the obvious; Asian bikes tend to be relatively trouble free. They also tend to be very, very boring and when everyone on your block has one they seem to lose their luster.

I don't pretend to think that my BMW's and Ducati are/were perfect but I damn sure like the character they ooze. I suspect our HD brothers feel the same way about their bikes.

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
That article seems to point out the obvious, al least to me...

That's almost like saying, a survey performed shows that Honda and Toyota owners reported fewer major problems with their cars than Fiat and Smart car owners...

My perceived problem with BMW is the lack of concern when a major problem does crop up. Their german way of taking care of the customer leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just a case of where you are on your motorcycle journey in life,even by 1970 I'd very quickly worked out if you want your motorcycling to be riding and not fixing it you better make sure it has 'Made in Japan' on it,but after 30 years I'd had enough,ridden one Jap 4 you've ridden e'm all,very latest R1 excepted,by 2000 I ran a BM and a Triumph both crude in comparison to anything Japanese but neither could be discribed as bland,and for travelling a distance on holiday still rate our much modified Tiger as the best bike I've owned in 44 years of biking

I still have those two bikes and bought another BM in 09(the K),the same year I also bought an XT660X,the first Jap bike I ridden in 9 years,pheww I'd forgotten how good the Japanese are at making bikes even if they are bland!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts