BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of drooling and hoarding my pennies I took the last step into oblivion and purchased a 2005 K1200S (Demo, no less) from Chicago BMW.

With only 80 miles of demo work and a decent deal to get ABS, ESA and heated grips I couldn't wait any longer.

I don't even think I waited 24 hours before dropping farkle orders to Pirate, Evo and BMW Santa Cruz. Serentity Now!!!

Here are some sub-par camera phone shots with more to come.

Kaos

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice bike, hope you enjoy it.

Looking at all the crap laying around in the background. I'm glad I didn't by my bike at Chicago BMW. Cycle Werks in Barrington, is a lot more professional looking. I figure, if a guy doesn't care about his shop. He, sure as hell is not going to care about my bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lotta Class

Ya know, the poor guy is trying to share his "new bike experience" with us and you have to go into "good housekeeping tips" and plug your dealer. Some guys just don't know when to shut TFU!
Best regards,
Lightspeed

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kaos968 said:
After months of drooling and hoarding my pennies I took the last step into oblivion and purchased a 2005 K1200S (Demo, no less) from Chicago BMW.

John---congradulations. I test rode that demo awhile ago and found it to be set-up
very nice. I did end up ordering a new 1200 GT from Chicago BMW. Upright seating suites me better. The staff at Chicago BMW are 1st rate for sales, service and parts. Some of
your photos were shot in a storage or holding area and it gets congested at times. I
have been to Motorerks of Barrington and the owner doesn't know how to talk to a
customer, however their service is good. Enjoy and ride safe.

Phil

04' 1150R hers
04' 1150RT (going soon)

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
Kaos, I've had mine since last June (aprox. 9,000 miles on it now) and I'm sure you will enjoy the hell out of it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
lightspeed said:
Ya know, the poor guy is trying to share his "new bike experience" with us and you have to go into "good housekeeping tips" and plug your dealer. Some guys just don't know when to shut TFU!
Best regards,
Lightspeed
Did not mean to rain on this guys parade and I apologize for it.

I congratulated the guy on his bike. I like the "S". I wasn't plugging my dealer. I won't get anything from him for it. BUT, you could eat off the floor of the service area. Also, when I had my bike in for service last month. They gave me an R1150R for a loaner, I was reluctant to take it. Because of the weather, I didn't know when I could get back to return it. They, told me not to worry about it. They understood it could be a couple of weeks. Cycle Werks is 92 miles from my house. Chicago BMW is less than 50. Obviously, I saw something I liked. I have walked out of auto service shops, because there is crap all over.

And I walked out of Chicago BMW, without seeing the service area. Because, he wanted to sell me a Harley with a bigger mark up. After, repeated attempts to tell him I didn't want one.

I want somebody who "cares" about more than the sale. Sorry, if my standards aren't low enough for you! :motor

If you quit wearing panties, you won't get them in a bunch! :wtf

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Cruzy

cruizbz said:
Did not mean to rain on this guys parade and I apologize for it.

I congratulated the guy on his bike. I like the "S". I wasn't plugging my dealer. I won't get anything from him for it. BUT, you could eat off the floor of the service area. Also, when I had my bike in for service last month. They gave me an R1150R for a loaner, I was reluctant to take it. Because of the weather, I didn't know when I could get back to return it. They, told me not to worry about it. They understood it could be a couple of weeks. Cycle Werks is 92 miles from my house. Chicago BMW is less than 50. Obviously, I saw something I liked. I have walked out of auto service shops, because there is crap all over.

And I walked out of Chicago BMW, without seeing the service area. Because, he wanted to sell me a Harley with a bigger mark up. After, repeated attempts to tell him I didn't want one.

I want somebody who "cares" about more than the sale. Sorry, if my standards aren't low enough for you! :motor

If you quit wearing panties, you won't get them in a bunch! :wtf
Hate to keep stirring the pot,
But!
Yea, a short congratulations on the K12 then a big kick in the ass for his choice of dealer.

Wrong again, I think your standards a plenty low enough, but your finger smiley doesn't work, try one of these!

Best regards,
Lightspeed
P.S. love your panties joke!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Lightspeed,

Sorry, did not know your observations were the only valid ones. :rant

Oh most exulted one, please forgive this mere mortal for making an observation too. :bowdown

I see, you are into astronomy. Perhaps, you could do me a favor and see when the stars will line up for you to kiss my ass? :p

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats Kaos

Welcome to the Dark Side....We've been expecting you. Isn't incredible how this bike sucks you in, and takes control of your thoughts, till all you can do is succumb to it's mighty power of attraction...and BUY IT!! you won't regret it!!
Congrats brother.

·
Registered
395 Posts
congrats on your purchase am sure you will love the bike, oh BTW go to whatever fucking dealer you want to!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Kaos,

Congrats on the new bike...you'll need to bring it to Georgia and break it in on some proper twisties.;)

Cruizbz - please post your dealer experiences in the appropriate thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the invite...I think I have committed to visiting all of the lower 48 this year...LOL

sportrider said:
Kaos,

Congrats on the new bike...you'll need to bring it to Georgia and break it in on some proper twisties.;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kaos,

Congratulations on your purchase, and on choosing the correct color! :)

I too live in Chicago and have a Blue S as my first BMW after 5 Japanese motorcycles. I am addicted.

Listen for the ROAR at about 7000 rpm.

I got mine from BMW of Daytona last April.

I have since found both Motor Werks of Barrington and Chicago BMW to be good dealers.

Franklin

·
Registered
403 Posts
sportrider said:
Kaos,

Nice twisties there in N. Georgia, hope you're enjoying them.

However, I must tell you that the PROPER twisties are not in N. Georgia. You are most likely to find them in and around the Pacifc NW.

If your twisties aren't located in real mountains, they sure as hell are not Proper Twisties.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Kaos968 said:

With only 80 miles of demo work and a decent deal to get ABS, ESA and heated grips I couldn't wait any longer.

I don't even think I waited 24 hours before dropping farkle orders to Pirate, Evo and BMW Santa Cruz. Serentity Now!!!

Here are some sub-par camera phone shots with more to come.

Kaos

Congratulations! And, welcome aboard. The K1200S can be a surreal experience once you become friends. Enjoy the relationship, it'll be real for sure.

If you know a group of experienced riders, join in. It'll make the ride.

·
There's a pill for everything
829 Posts
Hey what do ya expect

lightspeed said:
Best regards,
Lightspeed

He posts on the "other" site

LOL

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts