BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning,

I have a K1200RS 2002. I have had the head ported and a custom made exhaust to increase flow. I am also running a Rhinewest chip.

The power commander has certainly made a difference since I fitted it two weeks ago but I have not had the bike dyno'd. The one thing I have noticed is the fuel comsumption has reduced to 40mpg from 47 - 50 and the idle speed has risen to 1600. I assume the idle can be sorted by reducing the mix by a percentage, on zero throttle position between 1500 - 500 rpm within the map.

Most of my journeys are on motorways at 80 - 90mph, so I expect the throttle must be at around 10 -15% open. Does anyone have a map that would allow good fuel economy on long runs but still keep the perfomance when needed?

I have loaded the Power Commander software onto my PC and there are two standard maps available but neither take into account the Rhinewest chip or the ported head. Can I adjust the maps by logging the data on a run and then + or - the fuel?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't really know for sure, but I thought that the purpose of the PC and it's mapping was to bypass the chip and it's mapping, regardless of whether it was stock or Rhinewest. You might check with the Rhinewest guys or the PC guys and see what they say. I know Rhinewest is pretty easy to talk with. For what it is worth, I also know their standard chip will work with after market exhausts, but that their Cam gear and Chip kit was engineered to only work with the stock exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts