BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Marsee Products Marsee Home

I was looking at getting a tank bag - you can get a mount to the gas filler ring (doesn't rest on the tank then) and they have options to power the bag for gadgets and gizmos. I was looking at this - Borsa 6 litre

Their mounting system (called Corona) is an option on most bags.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Marsee tank bag

I have had two Marsee tank bags and the quality is very good. I just sold a 20L tear drop shaped bag that did not fit my R12RT very well. It tipped forward so it was hard to see the map pocket. The other bag I have is the 19L Pocket Rocket which I don't think they make anymore. I electrified it myself with an SAE connector vs. buying it from them (way less $$ for me to do it). The Corona mount is pretty cool but make sure it is available for your bike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good stuff.

I've got the 11 liter Corona Rocket Pocket on my '07 GT. It's not too big, not too small. However, I just added a J&M Integratr IV and portable CB radio. Now, it's a tad crowded but still has room to expand.
The BMW Corona mount fits the gas cap perfectly and utilizes three screws(supplied) to attach the mount. It's actually a 1/4 turn twistlock that utilizes magnets to keep it tight once in position. Nothing touches the bike. This bag, although small still has a shoulder strap with it so you can take it with you.
Also, the one thing I don't like about this particular bag is the cheapo map pocket that zips to the top. Wish it had the plastic top compartment most of the rest of the bags have. There is no horn or other "button" issue.
The Marsee bags are a little on the "pricey" side though.

Bill

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
07K12GT-Pilot said:
I've got the 11 liter Corona Rocket Pocket on my '07 GT. It's not too big, not too small. However, I just added a J&M Integratr IV and portable CB radio. Now, it's a tad crowded but still has room to expand.
The BMW Corona mount fits the gas cap perfectly and utilizes three screws(supplied) to attach the mount. It's actually a 1/4 turn twistlock that utilizes magnets to keep it tight once in position. Nothing touches the bike. This bag, although small still has a shoulder strap with it so you can take it with you.
Also, the one thing I don't like about this particular bag is the cheapo map pocket that zips to the top. Wish it had the plastic top compartment most of the rest of the bags have. There is no horn or other "button" issue.
The Marsee bags are a little on the "pricey" side though.

Bill

Yeah, looks a little spendy but I dig 'em. Puttin' it on the wish list for sure. Thanks for the input. Got any pics on the GT? Much obliged.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Soon...

I'll snap a couple today...just as soon as the T-storms go by...

Bill

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here ya go...

Pics attached.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts