BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any knowledge of how the "Rocket Pocket" seatbag works on a KS? This bag uses a mounting base that attaches via straps that go under and around the seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Bernie, not sure how that one works, and if you haven't bought it allready, look into Chicane products. I've got a seatbag that fits perfectly on and with the lines of the bike, big enough to stuff a rainsuit and other assorted goodies there. Just run your straps underneath the seat to attach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Don't know nothing bout Marsee...

But,

I have the Corbin tailbag, and with it's bungee cords, it is very easy on and off attached to the stock grab rails and the underseat, nylon luggage "loops" that are retractable.

I used it on a 4k trip across the Western U.S. at speeds up to 130mph and it worked like a charm. I even bungee netted a large duffle to the top of it and it stayed in place. I am very happy with it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Sorry I have no experience of that product, but use the Oxford Products Tail Pack. Expandable and between it and my BMW Tankbag I carried all my kit for two weeks around the Apls.


Velcro strap under the seat then bungee cords onto the bike.

According to my friends who were riding with me, the bag never moved at all, whether we were "motoring" or banked right over on the alpine hairpins. Absolutely no adverse effect on the bike. However I was mainly cruising and enjoying the scenery... only one or two periods of 130 mph on the German autobahns.

Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zombiewolf said:
Bernie, not sure how that one works, and if you haven't bought it allready, look into Chicane products. I've got a seatbag that fits perfectly on and with the lines of the bike, big enough to stuff a rainsuit and other assorted goodies there. Just run your straps underneath the seat to attach.

Jimmy, Great design, shape, on the Chicane bag, but is it water proof? I don't see a rain cover on their website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Jimmy, is the one you have the Summit Tail Bag? It looks very nice if so, and ought to go well with grey. :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
chicane bag

Gentlemen, that indeed is the Chicane bag I've installed. It SHOULDN'T be waterproof, but I've had it in some pretty hard rains and I supposse because of where it sits the contents have stayed dry. I know the fabrics' good for that but I expected the zippers to leak and they have not. BTW, I kissed a buck sixty last week and the bag stayed on, no prob. The damn county sticker/decal thing blew 95% off but the bag was cool! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Got one on order now; looks like just the ticket for commuting if I don't want to mount the bags. Thanks for the idea.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
k1200sforme said:
Does anyone have any knowledge of how the "Rocket Pocket" seatbag works on a KS? This bag uses a mounting base that attaches via straps that go under and around the seat.
I use the Rocket Pocket with 4 straps on my KS. Works very well for my day trip needs, cell, gun, map, water, sunscreen, etc. etc. It's expandable for larger cargo. I also use the Larger Tear Drop model with 4 staps for overnight. Both are excellent quality bags. Used both on my previous KRS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BeemerDude said:
I use the Rocket Pocket with 4 straps on my KS. Works very well for my day trip needs, cell, gun, map, water, sunscreen, etc. etc. It's expandable for larger cargo. I also use the Larger Tear Drop model with 4 staps for overnight. Both are excellent quality bags. Used both on my previous KRS.
Thanks for the info. I like the idea of the straps going under the seatpan. Looks like a purchase for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Chicane bag

I like the Chicane tail bag a lot. It is smaller than some others, but it doesn't look like a 12-pack cooler. It actually looks like it goes w/ the bike. The Chicane comes w/ a rain cover that stows in 1 of the 2 pockets.

I did replace the little bungee ties that came w/ the bag w/ 5/8" nylon web straps that allow a tight, solid fit. The original bungee cords were just too flimsy for me to feel comfortable.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top