BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAPSOURCE V 6.12.2

This error may not be applying to all GPS units, but I thought it important enough to pass along should you be having this problem. Thru hit and miss I solved it, GARMIN was not aware of it.
When transferring data, whether WAYPOINTS or ROUTES, attempting to TRANSFER TO DEVICE if you have the checkbox, TURN OFF UNIT checked, the data may or may not be transferred to the DEVICE. It appears as if MAPSOURCE turns off the unit BEFORE the data is actually transferred. The message says it is transferred, but it has not transferred to the DEVICE.

WORKAROUND: Uncheck that box and turn unit off/on for the each transfer.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I Mistyped The Version

jpalamaro said:
MAPSOURCE V 6.12.2

This error may not be applying to all GPS units, but I thought it important enough to pass along should you be having this problem. Thru hit and miss I solved it, GARMIN was not aware of it.
When transferring data, whether WAYPOINTS or ROUTES, attempting to TRANSFER TO DEVICE if you have the checkbox, TURN OFF UNIT checked, the data may or may not be transferred to the DEVICE. It appears as if MAPSOURCE turns off the unit BEFORE the data is actually transferred. The message says it is transferred, but it has not transferred to the DEVICE.

WORKAROUND: Uncheck that box and turn unit off/on for the each transfer.
I should have correctly typed the version as 6.12.3, as I am referring to latest version.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts