BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much of a trip, and surely no big adventure, but I had to post just the same (especially for our brothers & sisters who are locked in winter's icy grasp). Wasn't going to be able to see the family this Christmas due to schedules, but things opened up on Thursday after all. Probably still wouldn't have gone down from San Jose to Los Angeles, but the GT just kept saying "Let's roll!" I gave in to her will, and off I went.

Only 360 miles, but still the longest ride I have done in my short career. Can't believe how the GT just chewed up the miles. Chose to take the 101 instead of the 5 route because I just didn't want to deal with all of the speeds of the cars and big trucks on 5. In hindsight, wouldn't have been an issue with the stability of the GT at speed. But I would have missed all of the wonderful ocean scenery, so I'm glad I took the coastal route. A little fog on the way down, a little rain on the way home but I just can't believe how smooth and easy this 720 miles of riding ended up being. Only thing I forgot to take was my seat pad, and after about 250 miles I really wanted it. So I just stopped a little more often, and things were fine.

One photo just off the Pacific Coast Highway on Christmas Day, to help hold over all who are currently snowed in, and just waiting for Spring to come so they can ride again!

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Christmas Ride 0:))

Hey Tom.

Wish I could have been along for the trip down to the store and back...

The beach pic looks like almost home and sunshine is always good for ya.

IS IT Spring YET???

Ride Safe.

Fletch

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
Of course it qualifies.

Your longest trip to date always qualifies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts