BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
Took my K12S in for service today, and was informed there was a considerable build up of metal on the drain plug! The dealer is going to contact BMW to see if they will help (financially), as the dealer wants to strip it doen to see what is wrong, the bike was registered on the 30-09-2004 (09-30-2004) so its just out of warranty, its done 6700 miles and was last serviced at 2000 miles.

When I paid the bill the lady serving me commented on the fact a new clutch is £1000.00 of which £800.00 is for parts alone. That made me feel better (NOT).

So this is the start of what I hope will be a very short thread!! I will let you all know the outcome.

The service with a new Metzler M1 front tyre and ABS unit fluid change was £330.00, not as much as I was expecting.

Just looked on another forum, looks like I am not the only one who has had this problem, people have had to have clutch's, oil pumps and in some cases entire engines replaced. I wait with baited breath to see what BMW say!

Cheers

Dibbley

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dibbley:
I think your bike is still in warranty. It should be good through 9-30-2007. As far as I know all BMW bikes have a 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty. Check it out

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not in the UK, we get 2 years unlimited, but as it appears to be a design fault I am ever hopeful, if no assistance is received its off to a Kawasaki dealer for a 1400GTR.

Cheers,

Dibbley

·
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.
2,029 Posts
dibbley said:
Not in the UK, we get 2 years unlimited, but as it appears to be a design fault I am ever hopeful, if no assistance is received its off to a Kawasaki dealer for a 1400GTR.

Cheers,

Dibbley
With the number of shift fork/second gear problems covered by warranty (not without fighting) over here, I'd say you'd got more than a leg to stand on. 2t

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,

Just had the dealer on, BMW UK have agreed to fund all work required, that will involve a new clutch, clutch basket and oil pump.

I have regained my fait in BMW. So I may soon be switching groups to the K12R mob.

Cheers,

Dibbley

·
Banned
294 Posts
no , 35 years is a start

I have 42 years and there are old riders and there are bold riders but there are no old bold riders. Except me. Dam I luv scooters, scooters are fun and fast scooters are more fun , and I can prove that. This is an excellent site.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts