BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everyone. Out riding? My ride partner had an old dill reverse across the road and collect him, doing minor damage. Little rubber wind deflector on the plastic side, keeps the breeze off your leg on a K1200GT. Cost $300 plus. The old geezer does not want to pay. He probably would if he was told how many road rules he broke and he hit a cop. But in a politicly correct environment my pal does not tell him where he works. Two weeks later he has another stack. Headlight three bucks short of a grand, screen about 8 hundred. I think he rides like an old lady, and maybe he should have insurance, but , to each his own.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Pap.
Been busy working on my property yesterday, and only .got back from South Oz mid week.
It's mango season here and we have 350 trees, as well as having to slash 20 acres (the rain is great but geez stuff grows!)
That being said, I'm taking my mates R100 Boxer for a run up to Ingham at 1000h and he's taking my K. May even stop for a flat white and a piece of mango cheese cake at Frosty mango this arvo.
Hope this finds you well mate.

Ken

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Hello Ken. Nice to know you are doing something for the economy. Had a beer at the Rolleston pub. Bloke and his girl friend were there, travelling on an airhead. He was admiring my K so we swapped bikes for a while. (I retained his girl friend. Nice) He was smitten with the change in the bikes. I got my jollies also.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Been real quiet here lately, haven't been riding that much, rains been heavy whilst you east coast guys are cooking...
Hope you knew that guy you swapped bikes with, it's a leap of faith lending.
And being stuck with the girlfriend if something went wrong?, careful, the maintenance costs on those can be huge!

Nice day today, I'm outa here! :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
Bry said:
Been real quiet here lately, haven't been riding that much, rains been heavy whilst you east coast guys are cooking...
Hope you knew that guy you swapped bikes with, it's a leap of faith lending.
And being stuck with the girlfriend if something went wrong?, careful, the maintenance costs on those can be huge!

Nice day today, I'm outa here! :D
Quiet here too, got a ride on next Sunday with some buddies but nuttin today.

A ride up to the Frosty Mango sounds ripper. Mind you its starting to get a bit steamy up ther for me now.

I reckon I could retire up around Atherton or Mareeba. It seems to be almost global warming proof.

Plenty of rain , cooler in summer, an hour from the coast, an open fire in winter and I could ride the Gillies almost every day! :teeth

Anyone heard from Westy?

·
Registered
636 Posts
"I reckon I could retire up around Atherton or Mareeba. It seems to be almost global warming proof"

Bush fires and dry as a chip right now. Driest I've ever seen it.

Ken.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Your kidding me! Are the waterfalls still flowing?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Certainly nothing special.
It's just been a really dry year, which is strange considering how much rain we got at the start of 2009. Here's hoping for a wetter 2010.
Even the cows are giving condensed milk!

Best wishes mate.

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts