BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a method of using Microsoft Streets and Trips computer software with the Garmin GPS?
I have found that MST software is much easier to use and printing the maps offers much better detail than the Mapsource. I find myself building a route in MST and then trying to duplicate it with Mapsource to download into my 2610.
I cannot help but think someone has solved this problem. Who can help?
Thank you!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Garmin vs Mapsource

You will find that the only way to use the two together is to install the software on a laptop and connect your GPS to that laptop. The GPS will send data to the software to update your position on the map. Now the only trick would be mounting the laptop on the bike!
For trip planning you should get MAPSOURCE and then you will be able to transfer your routes, waypoints, etc. to and from your unit.
Sorry this isn't the answer you were looking for.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I do all my trip planning using Streets and Trips, then use GPS Utility to convert the .est file to a Garmin .gdb file. Works like a charm.

Garmin's mapsource is a very poorly designed program compared to Microsoft's S&T. I only wish Microsoft would add Garmin export capability to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts