BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the K-Bikes board living around the Mid Michigan area?

Pete
2003K1200RS/GT Options
1995 525i 5spd

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bored in mid Michigan

living in mid michigan we get tired of the same old orange barrels we see every year.Me I would love to be riding in North Carolina ,Tenn,West Va. right about know through the twisteys.
But this is where we live and the back rodes are not that bad through the thumb so till we can get away we will have to enjoy the flat roads and orange barrels of mid Michigan.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I grew up in Midland, Dad lives in Manton. I live in Louisiana now. You think your roads are bad?

I'm planning my spring getaway to Suches, GA so I can ride some of the best roads in the world. It's only about 8 hours away.

Cold up there?

Gravity

·
Registered
42 Posts
At least you can ride there calling for 6-10 inches of snow in the detroit area tomorrow so riding is a month or 2 away for us folks in the north. can't wait it's been a long winter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna Snow like Billy Hell

Yeah, it's supposed to snow like billy hell here tonight and into 2/01! Riding season is most likely not going to start until very late March or early April. I was able to get out one day in January when it was around 40 degrees F, but other then that my bike has sat in the corner of my garage on the battery tender.

See you guys out on the raods in April!

Pete

2003 K12RS/GT Options
1995 525i 5spd

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ack535 said:
Yeah, it's supposed to snow like billy hell here tonight and into 2/01! Riding season is most likely not going to start until very late March or early April. I was able to get out one day in January when it was around 40 degrees F, but other then that my bike has sat in the corner of my garage on the battery tender.

See you guys out on the raods in April!

Pete

2003 K12RS/GT Options
1995 525i 5spd
Hey Pete, you still out there? I'm a new member and live in Lansing?

Adam

·
Registered
12 Posts
K12RS owner near JXN.

Bought the bike from a private owner, but have been to GR already to get it checked out. They seem to be keeping busy, so there must be some BMWs on MI roads somewhere.

There are a lot of back roads to explore around here.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just picked up a '91 K75RT for a (un)planned cross-country excursion in September. First K-bike although have had a /2, a /5 and an R100RT. Trying to learn all I can. It SURE is a different kind of vehicle!
I live in Chelsea, which isn't "mid-Michigan", but isn't the UP either.
Cheers! :2beers:
JohnD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts