Votes: 19 17.8%
  • I'm good - no problems at all

Votes: 70 65.4%
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks here we go...Please post your current mileage AND problems list (small or large) for your new K1200S or K1200R. When I say problems, I mean mechanical or electrical failures of any system that had to be fixed by the dealer under warranty. Thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
05 KS 2900 miles (I know I should be riding more but just dont have the time)
Zero Nada Zilch, no failures no issues

·
Registered
120 Posts
sidestand sensor

Sometimes my bike thinks the sidestand isn't retracted and will die as soon as I shift into first - if I pull out the sidestand a few times and kick it closed it usually goes away. Haven't shown the dealer yet.

·
Registered
434 Posts
21,700 km:
- 4,200 km: throttle body unit replaced
- 12,200 km: new clutch & oil pump
- 16,100 km: new headlight
- 21,700 km: brake light switch re-positioned

Manfred

·
Registered
24 Posts
Probems - none here

8,000 miles and nadda problems. ZERO! I even learned to shift it smoothly....

·
Registered
147 Posts
1,600 miles '06 k1200r

Occassionally it seems that my starter won't engage. It's not the kickstand, since it won't engage in neutral either. I have to rock the bike back and forth and turn the key. Swearing a bit seems to help, too. After that, it will generally kick right over.

·
Registered
178 Posts
On the road 16-JUL-2005

Now have 5,200 miles clocked up.

Dare I tempt fate and say no problems so far. Delighted with the machine.:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have ridden 16900 miles with no problems. The suspension still feels very good. My handgrips exhibit a little wear. I also replaced the lowbeam bulb at 16700 miles.

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
13,500 km. Had to have clutch plates replaced after 5,600 km. They were either defective or there was some screw up during the manufacturing process (I know of two other people in Spain who have had the same problem).

·
Registered
10 Posts
3800 miles. I lost all electronics. Lights, dash, engine died instantly. Turned out to be a loose connection on the negative battery terminal.

I dumped the bike on a slow speed turn on gravel. The rear wheel broke free when it hit a patch of limestone dust. It's like talc. I went down like a rock. $3300 damage. This included $1300 for a slightly scratched silencer. This offset the insurance deductable. My faults, yes. Wouldn't have happened with my R1200C. But who wants to drive the R1200C.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mileage and problem check for your New K Bike

05 K1200S

From 15 miles-Brakes Squeal(very loud) Dealer replaced hardware (Bulletin/warranty)
currently 2600 miles, sporadic slight squeal, not as loud or annoying..I'll keep on ear on it.
2400 miles gear indicator started acting up only in 2nd gear, have an appointment on Friday with dealer to get it loked at. Besides that...she rocks steady!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I spoke too soon. 6400 miles, on the way home tonight from a meeting and I discovered I had zero brake pressure on rear. Fluid dripping. It's a nightmare getting local dealer to work on things. Woe is me. :(

1 - 20 of 113 Posts