BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Gizmodo via Mission Motors and fuseproject.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5146464/mission-one-to-be-worlds-fastest-electric-motorcycle

"Featuring a lithium ion battery that recharges in two hours before supplying 150 miles worth of power, the liquid cooled engine doesn't even need an exhaust or gas tank since there's no internal combustion. And a single-speed transmission eliminates shifting. From the aluminum, honeycomb body that flows in a single line to the convex front meant to suck the rider's chest in for speed, the Mission One is really a remarkable machine. There's no word on price or availability yet, but you can pre-order your Mission One now on Missions site. [Mission Motors and fuseproject]"

:drool

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
..I dont know....hope they are only building them to order....cant think of anyone I know thats into bikes or speed that would buy one...guess it would be a great novelty item ..but for sport riding?.....in a cross town scooter sales would be much better....nothin like the smell of gas the sound of good pipes and hi rev shifting....that to me is alot of what its all about...getting on and turning the reostate and sitting there ? and worrying about getting your grandmothers doiley dirty..That guy should be taken out and hung from the nearest tree :dunno:

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
I'd be up for one.

Riding without the vibration and noise with all the instantaeous torque is attractive to me.

They still have a long way to go though.

But it's inevitable.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The battery technology is still not prime time. Lithium Ion batteries are very dangerous as they still can catch fire and when they do their is no stopping them. The Seismic engineering company I worked for built systems with these batteries as a power source and we had a bunch of them self terminate. :boom:

So they catch fire when charged and the insulator film either breaks or ruptures, how mabe defective film, not sure. So I would not want this is my garage. Oh BTW you can not ship lithium by plane except for the very small ones.

cheers

·
2 heads are better than 1
284 Posts
I was checking this out online with a co-worker yesterday. Probably not practical yet, but an interesting idea. They can have a huge aftermarket selling a PA system for the bike recordings of all kinds of other engines so you can sound cool when riding. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts