BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put together this graphic as my avatar and I might put it on my bike or have a shirt made. I have a higher resolution version if anyone is interested (1200x1200).

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
It reminds me of the biohazard placard.

·
Registered
828 Posts
got me thinking

I was wonderign if this would actually be possilbe... to create an actual BMW roundal using this image. Do any engineers have ideas/suggestions? I'm not talking about a cheesy slap on sticker, but a decent quality unit based in resin. Like the real deal, sometihng I could use to replace all the roundals on my bike, or just the 70mm side fairing.

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I priced some patches and enamel pins/plates yesterday. There are several enamel and enamel-like options. Unfortunately, all the places I looked at had minimum orders of 50-100 for embroidered patches. Enamel had complex pricing. You can just google for "custom enamel."Let me know if you find a place that will do a smaller batch. I just searched again and found minimum batches of 300 at $2-3 a piece. I'd pay $50-100. If someplace can do a small run, we can split costs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I appriciate the creativigy that went into the making of this alternate logo, and it sure looks like a professional job.
Personally I like the original BMW logo design, both for its simplicity and for its historical significance.
But of course: good luck and succes with this design!

Peter

·
Registered
56 Posts
I appriciate the creativity that went into the making of this alternate logo, and it sure looks like a professional job.
Personally I like the original BMW logo design, both for its simplicity and for its historical significance.
But of course: good luck and succes with this design!

Peter

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with Peter.....am I missing something?

Does your modified emblem have a BMW origin or is it your own creation?

If it is your own (nice job btw), then why would you want to use it? It would mean nothing to anyone but yourself (maybe that is what you want). Kind of like deciding to change your country's/state/s flag....only you would know where you were from.

I understand additional emblems for aftermarket companies like Dinan for BMW cars or AMG for Mercedes (now owned by them), but never understood removing the original emblems since it is still a BMW or Mercedes.

Just my thoughts and attempt to understand the other side, so, don't take offense...it is YOUR bike so do what you want!!!

Randy

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offense taken. It's my creation, just to mark it as mine if I actually do modify the bike enough to earn it. I guess I come from the Vmax crowd, where once someone modifies it they frequently give it a name (maybe they have replaced the triple tree for USD forks, bored the engine, modified the frame or swingarm, converted to chain drive or added a supercharger). Maxzilla, Z-max, DustMax, etc. Kinda turns it into a pet, I guess.

Attachments

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Hmmmmmmm.

Looks an awful lot like a soocer ball that bounced into
the street and met up with the grill of an Audi. :eek:

But then, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning, that
could change.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Very well done. But I agree that it looks like the biohazard warnings on the garbage bags we use at work. Maybe, the original logo with the trailing edge of the white (Propeller part) streaked or blurred to invoke the feeling of more speed. But, I do not have the computer skills to do it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the feedback....at least now I understand where you are coming from! I still don't see replacing the stock BMW ones....maybe as an addition.

Again, you did a very professional job so my compliments! :thumb:

Randy

·
Registered
74 Posts
i don't get it

i do some graphic design and i don't mean to be rude but frankly your design is poor at best. The idea is confusing and the graphic is unbalanced and poorly rendered. Some things are better left as is. stop wasting time and go ride that beast!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
looks great.....try a art supply shop.....try and do it yourself....should be able to buy the resin and dies......mess around....bet there is a place on the net that would show you the steps.....again you did a great job.....nothing wrong in a little personalation..(if thats a word and if its spelled correct)......i would love to find a way to light them up so they would have a soft glow...mmmm...nother winter project

·
Registered
370 Posts
cornelius said:
i do some graphic design and i don't mean to be rude but frankly your design is poor at best. The idea is confusing and the graphic is unbalanced and poorly rendered. Some things are better left as is. stop wasting time and go ride that beast!
Hey there Cornelius. That's some first post. First impressions.... Funny how people about to be rude say: 'I don't mean to be rude'. You don't have to like it or pretend that you do, but if you have experience, perhaps some helpful hints? Just a thought, and welcome to the forum. Cheers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
cornelius said:
I like it. It is well done. I like the radiation hazard look. It says don't mess with a K1200R.

·
Registered
138 Posts
New BMW Logo

I think you did nice work. The bmw logo is probably a trademarked item and I would bet that if you started distributing your design I am sure that you would end up getting a request for you to stop. If it stops there you will be lucky if it continues it will become very expensive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts