BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the following, if any, violate the warranty on the K1200S?

- slip-on pipes, e.g., Laser, Staintune, Two Brothers, Remus
- Evoluzione race air filters
- aftermarket torque arms

Also, are dealers sticklers for claiming warranty violations?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hope they do not violate the the warrenty since I have all the three. My dealer hasn"t said anything . The are aware of the Staintune and the Evoluzoine race filters. Have not seen the Evoluzione torque arm with shims since I just put them on. Replaced the clutch and did the 6.0 software and a new brake disc all under warrenty. They are going to check out the transmission. Grating, not clunking, when shifting into second and third. May be screwed up due to earlier clutch failure. Would be covered under warrenty. Dealer BMW of Grand Rapids ,MI.

·
Registered
84 Posts
...what I was told wuz...

...Was that modifications do NOT void the warranty, BUT if an issue popped up because of a modification and there was no issue previously AND they cannot trace it to an OEM warranty part, then the cost to find the problem and repair it is yours...

For Example: If you did a complete exhaust system and you now noticed a new flat spot at 4,000 rpm and it was not there with the stock exhaust, then you own the problem.
However, if you put back on the stock parts and it's still doing it, then they WILL fix it under warranty.

Anyway, that was A&S' position and I think that it's pretty reasonable.

CHEERS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts