·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And more:

·
Registered
100 Posts
What type of helmet are they wearing, do you know?

Looks like the BMW System 6 helmet, made by Schubert, and is for all practical purposes a Schubert C3 with some minor different details.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yeah looks awesome. Thanks Ken. Need to see one in person. Tough to tell but it looks like the seating position is pretty laid back....LT like. I wonder if a tall tank bag will block any view of the new cockpit. None of the rider pics show one.

Also is there an official detailed spec sheet on the thing yet? Something other than the promo PDF thing? How big is the fuel tank etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
chuckwilmot said:
I'm wondering what the indexed ring next to the left grip is for...
Was for the radio on the 10 RT, but now it will be used for the iDrive on the bike which will control most everything on the dash. Most folks squawk about the iDrive on the Bimmers, but on the very few loaners the dealer gave me, I found the iDrive pretty easy to use.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Was at the dealer today getting oil and a filter for my GT, I looked at a couple R1200RT's on the floor and they had that index ring-thingie too. He also copied some pictures for me of the 1600GT and GTL which I haven't seen online yet.
Gilly

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't care what they call it, it's an LT replacement, not a GT replacement. They still need the KGT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts